Notices

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
I think you're confusing layout with rendering. [...]
Trust me, I know, I've called it on all devices mentioned. I think the n900 can handle it.
I am not, though I may have not been clear. I meant that they either cache the image as-is (which may not work for -say- flash), or re-render the top window, which is about as fast the the window above or below it.

This, however, was meant to be a hack-into-it implementation, not a microb-update implementation. My "it's gonna be slow" was meant for quickly implementing a key that makes the browser jump.

If they implement in browser natively, the N900 can indeed handle it with almost-zero overhead.

I also said that re-rendering takes as long as forward and back. I was thinking of re-rendering the PAGE not the view, for some reason. Meh.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:

Do opera or firefox support this?

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Fennec does. Control+click a link and it will say "new tab opened". Iceweasel does, but it's kind of slow and has no flash.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

well if u wanna scroll to the top/bottom of a page you could always press shift+up/down (= shift + blue arrow + left/right)...

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Czech republic
If you are affected by this feature missing, please consider voting for this bug: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1695
I m not really sure when (if at all) we can expect this in our N900s, but one certainly does nothing wrong by showing his/her wishes.
Thanks.

Also if anyone know something about the progress of this enhancement please let us know.

The Following User Says Thank You to geckon For This Useful Post:

Tags
backgroumd, link, microb, window