Originally Posted by youth View Post
Even with tax(10.25% in Chicago, but Dell used a diff rate luckily) Dell came to about $470 without the rebate if you're were able to get it that one day. Alot probably use Bing cashback that'll hopefully return another $22 & if the rebate works on those Dell orders then it be less then $400. All a best case scenario, but $470 no waiting for rebate is still great, but this deal is good too.
Wait...are you saying we don't have to wait for rebate on DELL? In other words, you don't have to send in one of those rebate forms?

now you do, not if you ordeed when u had that special deal on the 5th

Originally Posted by MountainX View Post
it is possible to get it for $459 (+tax, shipping) from Dell. Dell still has 15% off coupons that are valid for the N900. The coupon brings it down to $509, then the rebate takes off the other $50.
No the coupon is not valid. Where do you get that idea.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
No the coupon is not valid. Where do you get that idea.
i know because i checked it today.
if you get the Dell magazine, it has a valid coupon. or you can buy one on eBay for $4, like i did. mine expired on nov 20th and was good for $90 off. so the deal i mentioned a couple posts back is valid vor at least another day.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

Originally Posted by MountainX View Post
i know because i checked it today.
if you get the Dell magazine, it has a valid coupon. or you can buy one on eBay for $4, like i did. mine expired on nov 20th and was good for $90 off. so the deal i mentioned a couple posts back is valid vor at least another day.
Well i heard you can't appy the coupon along with the SAVING of $70 that u already get from Dell.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Philadelphia, USA
Well i heard you can't appy the coupon along with the SAVING of $70 that u already get from Dell.
I have one of the Dell books with a coupon code and I couldn't get it to work. YMMV

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
you may have heard that from me earlier today over on the Dell thread in this forum. but the price info i gave above is correct as of today

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

Damn! I want to grab this, but I can't seem to cancel my NewEgg order. It's not on the pre-order list OR order list. What gives?!

Originally Posted by ogahyellow View Post
I have one of the Dell books with a coupon code and I couldn't get it to work. YMMV
i bought my coupon on ebay for $4. it was a small business coupon. it worked and the shopping cart showed $90 off. the price summary is given here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=343

When do you think these new units will ship? Will amazon let you change the method of payment after you have placed the order? I'll have $300 worth of Amazon GCs coming to me in the middle of December. I don't know if shipping will be delayed until that long..