From my experience with working on OMAP3530 EVM, I know that the OMAP processor is an unbrickable one. OMAP3430 is much similar to 3530.

Whatever you do, erase all the boot loader from nand or erase kernel, still, you can bring the device to life, without using any JTAG emulators!

The secret is on the onchip ROM bootloader ,which is pretty intelligent. It will startup a bootloader from serial port uart or mmc card, once proper sys_boot pins are set. I have tried both serial and mmc card on omap3530 evm, and especially ,the mmc card boot, I think is the coolest.

So my questions is this:
Can we set the SYS_BOOT pins in any way so that the mmc/sd card booting is enabled. ?

The regular procedure to recover bricked boards are explained in the (usb boot, i think) link - http://thenokiaguide.com/2010/01/11/...sets-all-data/
mmc card boot mode it it is possible will be a nice feature, so that someone with a damaged usb port can still flash an n900.

PS: I am aware of a similar thread maemo.org > Talk > OS / Platform > Maemo 5 / Fremantle > Booting Maemo 5 from mmc card on N900 which aims is switch the root filesystem to card at boot time.

Here we are talking about starting the bootloader ownwards from the mmc card.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Brazil
This is interesting for me because:
  • I installed multi-boot but it can't boot Maemo (or anything else)
  • My N900 USB port came out, and now I can't flash the device
So my phone is stuck in an endless loop. I've posted about my problem in a couple of places but I received no comments until now... It seems I can only try to fix the USB or forget about getting it in working condition again.