Notices

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
@jug: that's an interesting idea, but I think it'd quickly turn into un-usable (you start to notice some performance degradation with feeds over 200 articles, and a global inbox would probably reach that number quickly).

@gurpal: Are you using the automatic update from the widget, or from the app? Note that if you don't have an internet connection at the time, an update would just skip until the next time.

@slocan - I had both configured at 4hours. OK i will check what happens tomorrow. it could may well be that there was no net cnx at the time. But then logic to sync at the next opportunity might be a good solution.

The Following User Says Thank You to gurpal2000 For This Useful Post:
Cannot help with the development so donate $3 instead. Really like 0.7 the interface is great, also notice that "back" is almost instant now! (Is this something to do with gtktree or backend optimization?)

I think I had issue with some feeds not updated, but somehow the issue disappeared...

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
notice that "back" is almost instant now! (Is this something to do with gtktree or backend optimization?)
Yes, the use of the TreeView speeds things up for the display, probably because it has fewer objects to iterate through, but don't quote me on that. So, let's give thanks to Thp for implementing it!

I was wondering if you could put some dilineation between the articles like previous releases? It's hard to see each article now. Also the title of the article used to be word wrapped.

Thanks for the great app!

The Following User Says Thank You to bigbiff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Totally agree. +1.

Originally Posted by Slocan View Post
As for your issue, I don't really have any good ideas. You could try to export your feeds to file, then:
mv /home/user/.feedingit /home/user/.feedingit.bak
to reset everything, and then re-import the feeds.
That will give you a fresh start, but I have a feeling this won't change much.
no it didnt, i deleted the whole .feedingit dir to start over
imported the feeds but still the same thing. but i now get it prety much on all feeds also engagdet for example when clicking a link in the feed.

what component is touched with this error?

Code:
FeedingIt.py:1098: GtkWarning: gdk_drawable_set_colormap: assertion `cmap == NULL || gdk_drawable_get_depth (drawable) == cmap->visual->depth' failed
  gtk.main()

The Following User Says Thank You to jcompagner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
I've been having orientation issues with the last few versions - I've set FeedingIt to Landscape mode, but it still auto-rotates. It doesn't do this in Portrait mode, but using this removes access to the Preferences dialog (well, it's still there, it's just that it's only about 5 pixels high at the bottom of the screen). Are these known issues?

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
@bigbiff: The dividers are actually there. Unfortunately, they are set to black, so on most themes, you can't see them. I haven't yet found how to change either that, or the background to make them stand out, but I totally agree this needs changing.

@jcompagner: That's a warning coming from the Gtk engine (the underlying component that maemo uses to render apps). It's like it is not able to determine the colormap depth (number of colours the screen is able to draw). One test you could do is to download http://feedingit.marcoz.org/webbrowser.py to the phone, and then run it from the X-Term window as "python webbrowser.py" and see if you can navigate one of these sites.

@Rob1n: PR1.2 changed the flag that needs to be set to stay in Landscape. Thp published a fix recently to his portrait library that I'm using, so I just need to integrate it. Not sure what's wrong with the Preferences dialog in portrait mode, but it needs fixing indeed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Another thing that seems to have changed recently is read feeds font size. A read feed now gets larger and usually needs to add a second line or more. If I remember correctly, read feeds used to stay the same size, turn white, and italics. It was better before, IMO.