Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
here is the setup, i often find myself using the browser in "show only loaded images" mode to save on download size when using my mobile connection.

problem is that if i find myself wanting to see one of those images, hitting them with a long-click can be troublesome at best, downright impossible at worst.

it first posted a enhancement suggesting on the maemo bugs list, but got told that having the browser show the outline of the image, and a "failed to download" icon was a violation of html.

so instead im trying to use greasemonkey to insert CSS codes to add a border or outline around images, and maybe some other stuff...

thng is that im a bit out of my league here, and it seems the browser isnt imo consistent about how it reacts to stuff like min-width and min-height. the former seems to produce insanely large jumps in size, while the latter is just ignored most of the time without me finding the reason why...

So essentially you just want a border around all images? Headers, buttons, EVERYTHING?

heh, yes. with greasemonkey i can turn that on and of as i like, and with a 1 pixel border its not much of a problem anyways.

it will simply be there to visualize where the image would be if it was turned on, to help target it for selective downloading.

the interesting thing is that microb seems to turn the border into odd shapes at times, i cant seem to tell it not to.

http://userstyles.org/styles/5635

try that, click on load as user script. it should highlight images with a red border that's 1 px wide.

so it does, thanks.

seems to be about as effective as a script i managed to write myself.

now if i could figure out why some image borders collapse into a one character size when no image is loaded, while others maintain their size...

i have tried to play around with css codes for size, min and max for size, and some others. about the only real theory i have is that the table region its in is the one that is really collapsing rather then the image itself. beyond that, i have no clue what so ever...