Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Finally I have added the mechanism(gettext, etc.) to translate MaStory to different languages. I have registered a project in transifex.net to do easier the process.

So, here I beg for your help

The first and more important thing to do is check the English strings, and improve it. I'm very bad at English, so you can be sure that there are things to improve. So, if you can use some time MaStory and check what English strings can be improved, it would be nice.

People interested in translate MaStory to other languages can contribute using transifex.net. I have written down some steps to follow:

1) Create a transifex.net account.
2) Go to transifex project for MaStory
3) Request permission in the project pressing the button with the name "Request permission".
4) I'll give you rights to upload the translations as soon as I can.
5) There is a mastory.pot source file, download it
6) Open it with your favourite translation software or a simple text editor. Make the translation.
7) Add your details in the first string, so I can add it to the credits.
8) If possible save it with the appropriate locale name (for example: fr_FR.po, es_ES.po, pt_BR.po, etc.)
9) In the transifex.net project, there will be a button "Add new translation", press it.
10) There will be some fields to fill, the important ones are:
  • Local file: the translated .po file
  • Commit message: some text saying what you have done (for example: "updated the spanish translation")
11) When you finish filling the fields, just press send. It should send the file to transifex.
12) You're done. Thanks!

Well, these instructions could not be perfect, and be different in some case (for example, updating a translation). I'm starting to understand transifex, so there are many things that I'm missing.

If you don't want to follow the transifex process and you want send me the translation in other way, you can do it too.

Using this post, I'm going to ask for translations of the package strings too:

Short description: Blogging from your hands.
Long description: MaStory allows you to blog from your Maemo device.
Right now it supports Wordpress, Blogger, Livejournal and Drupal.
You can write posts in offline mode and edit posts already published.
It interacts with photo services like Flickr and Picasa.
And more features for blogging from your hands.

MaStory next version is in development yet, so possibly there will be some strings added or changed before the next release. The next version will be published next February (hopefully).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by yerga; 2009-12-28 at 15:19.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post: