Talking about the hero. Will it be public who our hero is? It's perfectly fine if it stays a secret, but we are curious. And until I hear something else I'll more or less assume it's J****.

Last edited by evk; 2014-12-02 at 17:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to evk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I am not but I were the hero, then this not exactly the kind of gratitude I would expect.

I paid for the custom colour option. I may or may not use it, that depends on how I feel when it comes to ordering. The hero upgraded me to an option I do not want. Maybe I should start grumbling.
Please, tell me you're not serious. I wasn't myself, and I thought it was pretty clear in the tone of my post.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Please, tell me you're not serious. I wasn't myself, and I thought it was pretty clear in the tone of my post.
dude, i'm serious i am not serious!
sweet! i'm not serious that i am serious!

Originally Posted by sillycrimes View Post
Are there more videos and/or pics than the ones on the Kickstarter page? It would be cool to see some more shots of the keyboard in action.
yes, check my posts in this thread, check my twitter account and youtube channel

Originally Posted by evk View Post
Talking about the hero. Will it be public who our hero is? It's perfectly fine if it stays a secret, but we are curious.
He prefers to stay anonymous #privacy #contributingbutnotshoutingitoutloud

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Dirk, is it possible to buy the keyboard after the campaign? If so, how much longer will it take?

The Following User Says Thank You to robnas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robnas View Post
Dirk, is it possible to buy the keyboard after the campaign? If so, how much longer will it take?
answered in pm

anyway, the cover-casing in the pics i showed yesterday fitted perfectly with the PCB that goes with it, assembling goes like a charm and fits nicely to the phone, so that part is final.

the toh-casing-pcb had some small mistakes, mainly the alignment of the contacts was wrong. revised ones should arrive in a few days and pcb art is almost done. meaning: when new pcb's are in i will assemble some with smd components and if all is well the cover-pcb is also final.

the keyboard-slider casing needs some work still, not optimized for production and the pcb also needs further testing and development.

but i can probably start production on the toh-cover pretty soon.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Now that the end of the campaign is only hours away, I'd like to ask a question I have not seen an answer to:

I picked the color option, but then the Hero came and I will likely not be able to downgrade my perk, therefore it makes me entitled to the engraved signature. I know I can choose not having the signature engraved, but what if I wanted to have something custom engraved (personal note/logo/etc.). Would that be possible?

I don't have anything in mind (I don't even know I want any engraving) - I know I will choose no engraving over signature, but custom one would get me thinking

PS: How much before you become the 3rd most successful Dutch campaign?

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
I picked the color option, but then the Hero came and I will likely not be able to downgrade my perk, therefore it makes me entitled to the engraved signature. I know I can choose not having the signature engraved, but what if I wanted to have something custom engraved (personal note/logo/etc.). Would that be possible?
Engraving is totally optional, but custom engravings will be impossible to process with amount of orders.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
PS: How much before you become the 3rd most successful Dutch campaign?
158.673 is the magic number, so 923 away from that!

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Engraving is totally optional, but custom engravings will be impossible to process with amount of orders.
Thanks, that's what I thought. Fair enough!
I am kinda' glad, because it saves me the time thinking what should I pick

That must happen then! It would be a shame, being so close without reaching it

Lots of pics:

new casing pcbs

doesn't get any better

good now, shifted 0.2mm, then perfect

perfect

Last edited by dirkvl; 2014-12-03 at 12:57.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Very little to go ;-)

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd