Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Threads merged.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Perhaps it might be related to faulty WiFi routers? I vaguely remember similar problems ages ago with other hardware.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

I finished some more testing regarding the Wi-Fi problem. Effectively the results are that with bug triggered, full battery last less than 7 hours of idle time. But without triggering the bug, the full battery would last over 7 days! But see rest of the info edited into the previous post as it contains much more than just the test.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...799#post416799

Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
Perhaps it might be related to faulty WiFi routers? I vaguely remember similar problems ages ago with other hardware.
It is possible. Or related to specific encryption methods used with Wi-Fi. But in any case something triggers a bug in N900 to cause it to drain battery very fast even after disconnecting the Wi-Fi connection.

i am going to restart it after i got it fully charged now. then i wont use wifi from then on. see what happens.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
How the **** do we turn off those damn keyboard clicks? That's another thing that could save on battery life.

-Socrates 469 BC

Nice post indeed

Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
How the **** do we turn off those damn keyboard clicks? That's another thing that could save on battery life.
Settings -> Profiles, then scroll down to key sounds (it's easy to overlook).

The Following User Says Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Having problems with very low battery time of around 6 hours or less on low usage? Then check out the following post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...799#post416799

Summary of my testing results:
Idle: 9.1 days
Idle with 3G internet connection idle: 3.1 days
Idle after connecting and manually disconnecting from Wi-Fi: 6.9 hours

The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
@Phantasm what is a good # to have for the battery.reporting.current? Here is my screenshot. As you can see my uptime is not too good considering what the battery percentage is..
Attached Images

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Originally Posted by bdogg64 View Post
@Phantasm what is a good # to have for the battery.reporting.current? Here is my screenshot. As you can see my uptime is not too good considering what the battery percentage is..
It all depends on usage. The mentioned times were for total idle. On real usage you can probably drain the battery in a working day if you actively use the phone with battery draining tasks. But if you have low usage, you should be able to get real battery lifetime of 3-5 days.

As for your screenshot, if you rebooted your N900 just after fully charging it, you must have either used it very much during that 1 hour and 28 minutes, or triggered battery drainage bug.

Tags
battery, battery life, extend, fremantle, guide, ideas, improve, maemo, maemo 5, n900, power, runtime