Posts: 7 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2019 @ Kuwait
hello everyone I am looking for nokia prototype specially Unreleased models.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to almudhahkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Check http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100714
@MIvas_Greece has a unreleased prototype of N950

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
@almudhahkah, have you ever even found a photo of the Vertu running Maemo?
Apparently was titanium, sapphire, and Linux, a rare beast indeed!
I have hoped when the photos are found it is a N900 design but of nearly indestructible materials.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Check http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100714
@MIvas_Greece has a unreleased prototype of N950
I have nokia N950 thanks for your help

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
@almudhahkah, have you ever even found a photo of the Vertu running Maemo?
Apparently was titanium, sapphire, and Linux, a rare beast indeed!
I have hoped when the photos are found it is a N900 design but of nearly indestructible materials.
Made entirely of Otterbox?

(That Otterbox saved my N900's bacon many a time. Still didn't fit my otter.)

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by almudhahkah View Post
hello everyone I am looking for nokia prototype specially Unreleased models.
Hi! I also like Nokia unreleased prototypes! In the past I have owned in total 6 Nokia "McLaren"s, 5 Nokia N950, 1 Nokia "Illusionist", and so on... All of these unreleased of course. Currently, from prototypes, I still have 2 McLarens, and 2 silver N950 one of which has unreleased firmware, it is completely different than the final MeeGo that we know from N9.

I actually have for sale the 2nd silver N950, fully functional etc, but has some dead pixels (digitizer works fine, it is just the screen), everything else is good. If you are interested you can send me an offer.

I also keep an eye on other protos, such as the N87, Lauta, and perhaps the strange Kataya (custom Android probably?). I might also be interested in another McLaren under certain conditions (eg excellent cosmetic and functional condition, late hardware revision, or if early only in silver color), or a Goldfinger.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mivas_Greece For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mivas_Greece View Post
Hi! I also like Nokia unreleased prototypes! In the past I have owned in total 6 Nokia "McLaren"s, 5 Nokia N950, 1 Nokia "Illusionist", and so on... All of these unreleased of course. Currently, from prototypes, I still have 2 McLarens, and 2 silver N950 one of which has unreleased firmware, it is completely different than the final MeeGo that we know from N9.

I actually have for sale the 2nd silver N950, fully functional etc, but has some dead pixels (digitizer works fine, it is just the screen), everything else is good. If you are interested you can send me an offer.

I also keep an eye on other protos, such as the N87, Lauta, and perhaps the strange Kataya (custom Android probably?). I might also be interested in another McLaren under certain conditions (eg excellent cosmetic and functional condition, late hardware revision, or if early only in silver color), or a Goldfinger.

I have nokia katana and nokia Neo photos attached (not for sale) and looking for Mclaren if you like to sell it please let me know.

thanks
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to almudhahkah For This Useful Post:
That's awesome! Neo had very interesting design, Nokia was always bold with unusual designs, I wonder why they didn't release that one.

What about the Kataya? Any impressions? Hint about the OS? Is it Android? Any hint about the story behind it?

I am not sure if I sell another McLaren, but I will let you know For now, I have only a silver N950 unreleased prototype for sale, but I might be looking into getting some of the protos I mentioned. Regarding the Kataya, I am mainly curious about its story though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mivas_Greece For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mivas_Greece View Post
That's awesome! Neo had very interesting design, Nokia was always bold with unusual designs, I wonder why they didn't release that one.

What about the Kataya? Any impressions? Hint about the OS? Is it Android? Any hint about the story behind it?

I am not sure if I sell another McLaren, but I will let you know For now, I have only a silver N950 unreleased prototype for sale, but I might be looking into getting some of the protos I mentioned. Regarding the Kataya, I am mainly curious about its story though.
Καλημέρα από την όμορφη Θεσσαλονίκη,

Θα γράψω στα Αγγλικά για να καταλαβαίνουν και οι υπόλοιποι χρήστες του Forum. I am also very interested about the Kataya and its story. So, I made a deep research and even came in contact with some people involved in the Meltemi project. I published my thoughts and findings in an article called “The Kataya Exposed: An 2000 words ode to Nokia’s Golden Age” (you can read it here: https://www.lovenokia.net/2020/06/no...n-age.html?m=1 ). I also tried to reproduce the Kataya UI experience through an Android app, but never completed it (lovenokia covered my app preview here: https://www.lovenokia.net/2020/06/ex...kia-2.html?m=1 ). I would be very interested if the Kataya owner could/wanted to share more with us.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HelpoDev. For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by almudhahkah View Post
I have nokia katana and nokia Neo photos attached (not for sale) and looking for Mclaren if you like to sell it please let me know.

thanks
Please tell us more about the Kataya and share some photos/videos of it in action

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HelpoDev. For This Useful Post: