Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Do you feel like u are a guinea pig with this half baked device........NOKIA making money and getting all the feedbacks for free to build a better device while you will be left holding the imperfect N900?

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
Maybe I am rare, but I did my research on what the N900 can and cannot do before I bought it, and for my needs it works perfectly.

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to RipTorn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RipTorn View Post
Maybe I am rare, but I did my research on what the N900 can and cannot do before I bought it, and for my needs it works perfectly.
x
cool. but its not supposed to be a perfect device from the get go.......NOKIA wants to make their own iphone

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
There were more guinea pigs using the original iPhone

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mcdull For This Useful Post:
I'm with RipTorn. I came from a jailbroken iPhone 3G and I don't feel like I wasted my money at all. We're all different and like spending our money on certain things. Some people like to buy shoes. I like to buy gadgets.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kbeeveer46 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kbeeveer46 View Post
I'm with RipTorn. I came from a jailbroken iPhone 3G and I don't feel like I wasted my money at all. We're all different and like spending our money on certain things. Some people like to buy shoes. I like to buy gadgets.

i like gadgets too.............the only issue i have is email......

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
I'm a simple person, and the email works fine for me.
Back to the original question; no I do not feel like a Guinea pig, my needs have been met and exceeded.

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
At least it has provisioning!

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
@OP: Honestly, how can you even ask that question? Nokia made no secret of the N900's flaws. What they had on the promo website, of course, didn't explicitly mention the issues, because it was promotional material - that's a given. Everything was pretty well discussed over here, though, and probably at other sites too. Furthermore, you make it sound like they tricked you into wasting your money while rolling around laughing at you on their heap of money. Also, if you take the view of it being a transitional device (again, that was clearly stated), then them gathering feedback and learning from mistakes should be expected. The very fact that they are taking feedback and admitting mistakes shows that they aren't just using you. I bought the N810 a year ago last September. In terms of polish, the N900 makes it look like a toy. Do I regret buying it, though? Not really. And if I did, then I wouldn't be blaming Nokia. They didn't force you to spend your money, and if the N900 is taking longer to be polished than you'd like, well, you should have known that going into it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Guber99 View Post
i like gadgets too.............the only issue i have is email......
Gee, works for me. I'm sorry that having total control over your device is impeding your ability to use a restrictive mail server. If having a compatible device is so important send your device back and stop crying, or ask your office to get you a device. Or don't worry about it (since if they required it, they'd have gotten you one already.)

I highly suggest you just move on instead of regressing into trolling.

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:

Tags
can't keep goober down, drunken poetry, give 'em hell revdkathy!, still dreaming dreams