Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
if you use debug-m.hotmail.com you can sync everything but emails...make sure to turn mail sync off...for mail you need to create an account using other mail which means no push and at best a 10min sync cycle...
Bummer, I was only using Hotmail MfE for mail, nothing else... :-/
Oh well, not a huge issue for me personally, don't use Hotmail for email as much as Gmail.
Plus never really cared about up-to-date (push) for many of my accts, mostly have it set at intervals.
So a bog standard mail acct set-up, as opposed to a MfE one will suffice I guess.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-15 at 09:27. Reason: typo

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
according to this tread,
List of Supported devices:

The following devices are supported for syncing Hotmail with EAS:
1. Windows Phone
2. iPhone/iOS
3. Android/Hotmail Seven App
4. Any device that properly implements the EAS 2.5 or 14 standard
EAS 2.5 is properly supported by N9, moreover, EAS 14 is supported too (not fully supported, but still it can be used for syncing). Can someone build MeMailSettings from a new_protocol_support branch and check will it work or not if you are forcing as-daemon to use protocol 2.5 or 14?

NOTE: I haven't tested this branch well, so be careful with other accounts.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Last edited by Sergey_Kashin; 2012-07-15 at 14:07.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
EAS 2.5 is properly supported by N9, moreover, EAS 14 is supported too (not fully supported, but still it can be used for syncing). Can someone build MeMailSettings from a new_protocol_support branch and check will it work or not if you are forcing as-daemon to use protocol 2.5 or 14?
@Sergey

So you're saying if we use the latest build of MeeMailSettings to force as-daemon* to use protocol 2.5 or 14...
Then we may be able to use Hotmail MfE again... Instead of having to set-it-up as a: "Other mail account"?

*what's that?

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-18 at 15:07.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
I don't know if it is possible or if it has been answered before, but is there a command line or dbus to ask for more emails to be downloaded for one account? (ie, doing automatically something equivalent to the "Get more messages" button)

And the opposite way, is it possible to remove old emails from the "cache"?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
hi,
I've built the package as Sergey mentioned it can be found here: http://db.tt/rllGdrDy
however, i'm unable to build an as-daemon for the protocols...could someone help me out...thanks...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Pakistan
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post

Many thanks for this, Sergey!

I am not sure where to find the "as-daemon" setting but using the source I deployed the build to my N9 and found a setting called "Force EAS protocol version" in the Easy tweak mode.

When I turned it on, a text box was displayed. I entered "2.5" and pressed "Save Setting".

That was it.

My Hotmail emails are now syncing.

Edit: I've attached the build, but as Sergey has warned, you may use it with caution..
Attached Files
File Type: deb memailsettings_0.0.1_armel.deb (74.4 KB, 1696 views)

Last edited by hardwater; 2012-07-18 at 22:03.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to hardwater For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by hardwater View Post

I am not sure where to find the "as-daemon" setting but using the source I deployed the build to my N9 and found a setting called "Force EAS protocol version" in the Easy tweak mode.

When I turned it on, a text box was displayed. I entered "2.5" and pressed "Save Setting".

That was it.

hi i deployed from the source too but couldn't get that setting in the easy tweak mode...would you care to share your build?

EdIt: Just realized i downloaded the wrong branch..building and deploying now...

Edit 2: Managed to build it with a version number 1.0.1 so the software updater won't bug you to update to v0.0.9. It can be found here: http://db.tt/0iZOlKWD

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-07-27 at 03:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
I can't express how thankful I am for this!!!!!!! Just tested and worked perfectly!

I've been living with no mfe for hotmail for the past month and it has been the most frustrating experience. I've been a big fan of MS since I had my hotmail account years ago and have always preferred hotmail over gmail. To see it breaking and MS not doing a darn thing about it was the worst. I was seriously considering giving up on hotmail if this wasn't gonna get fixed soon.

This is soo awesome!

That was it.

Edit: I've attached the build, but as Sergey has warned, you may use it with caution..

I don't suppose you could briefly outline how you built it? TY.

EDIT:
Never-mind, I think I've got it now...
Still, it would be nice to have a better guide than what's floating in older threads.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-19 at 09:31.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Pakistan
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I don't suppose you could briefly outline how you built it? TY.
I didn't do anything special. I had a QT Creator setup based on harmattan documentation.
I simply downloaded the branch, opened up the project, clicked build and deploy menu items in Qt creator, and the version got installed.
I don't know much about Qt but I had set it up a few months back to learn app development for the N9.

Anyway I've attached the build to my previous post.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950