Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
@marxian
which files if for the colour???
i likes to add red colour on the list.... red & black background is my favourite just like the old CuteTube-QML....
It's not as simple as just adding a new colour. You need the images to go with it (for the tab buttons etc). For this update, I used only the colours that are used for the Harmattan version (because I already had the images). I will add red for the next update.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Martinsicuro, Abruzzo, Italy
Help! The new version doesn't work, only a black screen appears!

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
Hi, the battery is empty when charging.
and i can't download videos from youtube, it says "failed:forbidden"
The new gui is really cool, and beautiful, thanks.

I get a black screen too after the update;

$ /opt/qmltube/bin/qmltube
file:///opt/qmltube/qml/qmltube/main.qml:427:5: Type TitleArea unavailable
TitleArea {
^
file:///opt/qmltube/qml/qmltube/TitleArea.qml:56:5: Type SystemInfoArea unavailable
SystemInfoArea {
^
file:///opt/qmltube/qml/qmltube/SystemInfoArea.qml:18:5: Type BatteryIndicator unavailable
BatteryIndicator {
^
file:///opt/qmltube/qml/qmltube/BatteryIndicator.qml:2:1: plugin cannot be loaded for module "QtMobility.systeminfo": Cannot load library /opt/qtm12/imports/QtMobility/systeminfo/libdeclarative_systeminfo.so: (/opt/qtm12/imports/QtMobility/systeminfo/libdeclarative_systeminfo.so: undefined symbol: _ZN10QtMobility18QSystemStorageInfo13connectNotify EPKc)
import QtMobility.systeminfo 1.2

I am not too savy, any way to roll back?

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2011 @ rio de janeiro, brazil
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Please try launching from the terminal as described in my earlier post. I suspect it's a missing dependency related to my use of QtMobility.systeminfo for the battery indicator.
Seems you're right about the battery indicator issue, but is there anything else? And what is the possible solution? Can I downgrade to the previous version until we come up with a solid answer?
See below the output from Terminal when trying to run from there, which is followed by a blank white screen (BTW: I am totally newbie, once as a lawyer the hole smartphone issue is a matter of working tool and fun hobby mix):

/home/user # /opt/qmltube/bin/qmltube
Maemo applications must be run with the run-standalone.sh script!
QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
file:///opt/qmltube/qml/qmltube/main.qml:427:5: Type TitleArea unavailable
TitleArea {
^
file:///opt/qmltube/qml/qmltube/TitleArea.qml:56:5: Type
SystemInfoArea unavailable
SystemInfoArea {
^
file:///opt/qmltube/qml/qmltube/SystemInfoArea.qml:18:5: Type
BatteryIndicator unavailable
BatteryIndicator {
^
file:///opt/qmltube/qml/qmltube/BatteryIndicator.qml:2:1: plugin
cannot be loaded for module "QtMobility.systeminfo": Cannot load
library /opt/qtm12/imports/QtMobility/systeminfo/libdeclarative_systeminfo.so:
(/opt/qtm12/imports/QtMobility/systeminfo/libdeclarative_systeminfo.so:
undefined symbol:
_ZN10QtMobility18QSystemStorageInfo13connectNotify EPKc)
import QtMobility.systeminfo 1.2

(remembering: I'm running power kernnel v47)
Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. And despite my personal experience with this upgrade, I must greet you for the awesome work !

Last edited by brunops1; 2012-01-06 at 17:58. Reason: typo correction

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
@Anyone facing black screen. Are you using CSSU? I am testing using CSSU stable branch, which has more recent Qt libraries than stock Maemo5 (4.7.4 vs 4.7.0). I think this may be the problem. I may have to remove the battery indicator.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2012-01-06 at 17:42.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Martinsicuro, Abruzzo, Italy
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
@Anyone facing black screen. Are you using CSSU?
I'm not using CSSU.

BTW: I installed the QT component version (version 1.1.2.deb) from the other thread, following that procedure of purging and re-installing qtcomponents-10 and libqt12 (not sur of the names now, but I did it right, by copying from the codes shown there) and got the same result: black screen crash on startup. Just adding this bit of info - might be usefull somehow.

Thanks, man. I really admire your effort and acomplishments. Among other's great jobs, they make me keep my n900 longer than expected.

Originally Posted by alextootchie View Post
I'm not using CSSU.
me neither.

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
@Marxian
there a bug in your latest apps....i cannot play any of my download video....
using CuteTube player, video stuck on loading screen....
using default media player, the video is unknown file types.....
using open media player, OMP crash while trying to open it....

i have try changing different type of video (normal,480p,720p & 1080p) but still i cannot play any downloaded video while have been download by your latest apps....

reboot my device didn't help also....
i'm on CSSU Testing....

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube