Notices

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by dan View Post
I'm getting a bunch Python & hildon dependencies that are required to load Pybattery but they are nowhere to be found? Anyone know if there is repo for all the required dependencies? TIA
All could be found in extras.
AFAIK, you'll have to install them manually (e.g. through the AppManager).

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
Thx.
Now about the text color: AP uses system settings for GUI elements, so there seems to be problems in the hildon theme. Anyway, please, attach screenshot, if it's possible...
Here's a screenshot - all four of the themes do this, but the color of the visible text and the highlights vary.
The invisible text is the text that can't be highlighted, so I can't read it that way either.

I may be hard to reach for the next few days, but I will try to keep up with this thread. Thanks.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to davidgro For This Useful Post:
I think they are updating the repos because I keep getting unable to update repos.
Just a suggestion. It might be easier to just build the next version with all dependencies. This will assist the newbies and lazy farts like me.lol. keep up the great work.

Originally Posted by davidgro View Post
Here's a screenshot - all four of the themes do this, but the color of the visible text and the highlights vary.
The invisible text is the text that can't be highlighted, so I can't read it that way either.

I may be hard to reach for the next few days, but I will try to keep up with this thread. Thanks.
Ok. I now what's the problem... Gonna fix it as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by dan View Post
I think they are updating the repos because I keep getting unable to update repos.
Just a suggestion. It might be easier to just build the next version with all dependencies. This will assist the newbies and lazy farts like me.lol. keep up the great work.
Well... It might've been easier, if only AP wasn't just packaged, 'cause there's nothing to compile, in fact
I'll think about it, but I'm the lazy one too

Last edited by 412b; 2008-12-24 at 12:10. Reason: Keep on quoting...

The Following User Says Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Themes have arrived.
Now let's see what to do with the font color... and hildon themes images/sounds usage.

I think the application manager won't do the dependencies for deb files, nor will show the python packages unless you are in "red pill" mode. The easiest way may be to do an xterm and as root do "apt-get install python2.5-dbus" and repeat until the deb installs (you can use dpkg -i to install a deb but it will only list unsatisfied dependencies, not get them automatically).

0.3.3:
- FIXED: Items color.
- ADDED: GTK theme icons usage option.
- FIXED: Theme names sorting

The Following User Says Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
heh, active time was 00 for a while there as the battery was to low to last a full hour.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
remind me, whats the diff between the hildon theme and the default theme?

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Bethesda, MD
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Fresh install (no previous versions) on my N800 running latest SSU fails with missing dependencies :
python2.5-hildondesktop
hildon-desktop-python-loader
I have the above issue on my n810 running the latest standard OS 4.2008.36-5. I have seen it referenced twice in this thread and both people ended their initial request for info stating they resolved it with some type of "lingo" that made no sense to me, i.e "lil red pill" or the first person stated "Yeah, silly me, a simple apt-get fixed that... Never mind". Thus I have yet to understand the problem or how to resolve it, as simple as it may be.

For us amateurs that know enough to be dangerous, could someone explain what the problem is, and how can I install this battery app on a basic n810 with latest off the shelf OS I would apperciate it.

BB 8330 w/ SPRINT

NOKIA 770 w/ OS 2006
1 GB SanDisk RS-MMC

Tags
applet, battery, python, statusbar