Notices

I installed qtirreco on my N900 and when I launch it, I just get a black screen. I can end the program with the X in upper right, but there is never any output or feedback of any kind.

I then launched it from the ssh command line: I receive this output on the command line:

Code:
Starting lirc daemon: lircd.
I have downloaded and built the source from here and I guess I'll try to debug it myself unless I hear some other ideas.

Btw, Is the IR on the N900 a transmitter only, or a transceiver?

Thanks

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
It's supposedly just a transmitter.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Originally Posted by ehab View Post
I tried qtirreco but it does not seem to emit ir signals at all. is there a softare dependancy that is needed to make this run.

ehab
http://ehab.blog.mashy.com
Yes it needs lirc. Though it should be its dependency and installed automatically when you install qtirreco. You can try installing qtirreco from app manager in your N900.

Same thing for steve-o101. Or you can install lirc manually with apt-get install lirc in x-terminal.

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
It does not support Samsung BN59-00696A!! How do i get it to work? I mean it supports a whole bunch of BN59.....but not the 00696A.

Edit: Nevermind..i got it working now.
Hey - i have the same remote, could you let me know how you got it working?
Thanks!

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
Any way the codes at Remote Central

Could be converted to a format LIRC understands?

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by ehab View Post
I tried qtirreco but it does not seem to emit ir signals at all. is there a softare dependancy that is needed to make this run.

ehab
http://ehab.blog.mashy.com
In my case I have to switch on bluetooth to let it emit IR.
(verified using the camera trick some posted one one of these forums: point your n900 IT transmitter into a camera lens...)

But still I cannot get it to control my TV

Originally Posted by nok900 View Post
has ne else tried it on a sky+ box?? myn doesnt seem to work, amy1 else hav the same problem??
not used qtirreco but have got "irreco for n900" working on sky+

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
I've tried qtirreco as well, switched on Bluetooth, but no luck, no working TV control.

Anyone had it working at all ?

Hi, I would like to install test and use qtirreco. I just failed to find where to get the catalogues for the progmanager from, actually. Who can help, thanks.

Strange...It downloads remote commands for other remotes but will not pull the one I need (sony RM-PP402) any ideas?

Tags
irreco, qtirreco