Active Topics

Notices

I found it to work reasonably well, but remotes support is quite limited.

http://www.loopinsight.com/2010/01/0...versal-remote/ haha losers

but seriously speaking, we need major irreco interface improvement and database expansion to make it customer-ready, not a geek toy.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by arkanoid View Post

but seriously speaking, we need major irreco interface improvement and database expansion to make it customer-ready, not a geek toy.
Than we need someone who successfully added a remote to do a whole point by point howto on how to use irreco on a normal IRDA transceiver (ubuntu or some such) to record and export a new remote to the N900 with Irreco.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oulu - Finland
Originally Posted by mirakels View Post
In my case I have to switch on bluetooth to let it emit IR.
(verified using the camera trick some posted one one of these forums: point your n900 IT transmitter into a camera lens...)

But still I cannot get it to control my TV
Bluetooth should not have anything to do with the IR transmitter on N900. The problem is probably in the IR configuration file which you can find here http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/.

Originally Posted by surfa View Post
Hi, I would like to install test and use qtirreco. I just failed to find where to get the catalogues for the progmanager from, actually. Who can help, thanks.
Okay, so first u need to enable maemo extras catalogue and then add extras-devel as well.

So go to application manager, then click menu and application catalogs, enable Maemo Extras, add new catalog:

Catalog name: Maemo extras-devel (for example)
Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/
Distribution: fremantle
Components: free non-free

Then update the catalogs, go to download section and search for qtirreco software and install it.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oulu - Finland
Originally Posted by bazz View Post
Strange...It downloads remote commands for other remotes but will not pull the one I need (sony RM-PP402) any ideas?
QtIrreco currently supports only 1 remote/configuration file. Your config file has 14. It should read the first remote from the config file, at least in the next release , which will probably be out today.

Originally Posted by arkanoid View Post

Remotes are downloaded from sourceforge and you can send your own codes there. Lot of the remotes there are not quite stable and working ones. Interface will be modified when Qt4.6 support comes to Maemo 5.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
My panasonic plasma requires me to hold Power down for about a second or so. Irreco can't seem to be able to do this? I tried queuing commands to no avail.

Also, re-adding the same command several times seems like a lot of work?

--

Oh, and, all images I download from themes are now visible in the images application? It's unusable. Any suggestions? Maybe a .folder for storage of images?

Last edited by ndi; 2010-01-07 at 00:26.

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
My panasonic plasma requires me to hold Power down for about a second or so. Irreco can't seem to be able to do this? I tried queuing commands to no avail.

Also, re-adding the same command several times seems like a lot of work?

--

Oh, and, all images I download from themes are now visible in the images application? It's unusable. Any suggestions? Maybe a .folder for storage of images?
QtIrreco supports holding down a button with one command. At least it works with volume controlling.

We've noticed that image thing too and it's a thing worth considering.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Yes, it does, but there's a lag between the commands.

E.g., when holding the volume on the app, the LED on the TV goes blip__blip__blip. When using the native remote, it goes blipblipblip (about twice as fast). The TV doesn't budge the power unless someone holds a button.

I need to hold the red button for the power to go off and hold 0-9, power, TV, AV or so to get it to power up.

Also, the app lags, as in, holding the volume for 2 seconds actually increases the volume for 3 or so, overshooting the intended volume. It seems to queue commands faster than sending them out.

--
Edit: Sorry, missed the part where people know and consider the bug.
--

It is still a big issue with the images of the remotes in the pictures app. Can't you store them somewhere else, where they aren't indexed? A theme has 15 or so buttons, that's 30 images plus backgrounds. My images app is unusable. Add two themes plus irreco (versus qtirreco) and it's lost to me.

Any ideas? Different folder? Hidden? /.themes ?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Tags
irreco, qtirreco