I am trying to set up an n800 to dual boot diablo off a 2GB internal MMC card partitioned into 2 1GB Linux partitions. Actually that's triple boot counting the flash. I have run into a couple snags. Is there any way to get step by step easy to follow instructions for this somewhere, or someone willing to walk me through setting it up? I am somewhat new to Linux but been using computers a LONG time...

(First of all is this a doable thing? Guess I should ask that first).

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL

The absolute easiest dual boot setup and instructions are from PB himself. General link is good to but I prefer PB.
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...anced+bootmenu

So am I correct in that I have to have 3 partitions present on the 2 gig card to be able to boot 2 linux type partitions? One has to be a FAT partition (I assume can be very small)?

What would / where would I find an example of the internal.txt file pb mentions? Would having his multiboot program already present interfere with running his setup (I see it requires his installtools, I thought the two were exclusive). And, how do I create such a text file and then get it into the directory where it has to be (sounds like a simple question, I know, but seems like copying from the external mmc using the windows file manager is not allowed)?

The Following User Says Thank You to heelio For This Useful Post:
Okay TXFi's instructions (last post on the linked page) worked great for me setting up one dual boot partition. I was wondering if I need to make the following changes to repeat the clone for ext3:

change the second insmod command from ext2.ko to ext3.ko at the end
change the first mount command to mmcblk0p3

Will that set up the triple boot as I have described it?

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...t=15788&page=8