Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
To beta-testers : here is the 1st release of the package "Easy Chroot" for MeeGo Harmattan : easy-chroot_0.1.0-1harmattan1_armel.deb

Transfer it to your Nokia N9/N950 and install by tapping it with a file manager or using "# dpkg -i" as root in X-Terminal.

I will create a specific topic for "Easy Chroot" with better explanation.
Great! Do we need to wipe out previous Easy Chroot files? As I already tried your How-to on post #57, I have several files here and there.

I installed your deb, then had an automatic update available, rebooted, and tried "qchroot /home/user/MyDocs/debian-m5-v3e.img.ext2 /.debian/" but I got the following error:
Code:
mounting /home/user/MyDocs/debian-m5-v3e.img.ext2 /.debian/ on loop
gxmessage: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Cancelling chroot...

Originally Posted by HolgerN View Post
Hi Kabouik,
i had the same error as you. I could solve the problem. Before i used FingerTerm, and it doesnt work. Then i tried Terminal and now i am able to mount.

I installed only inception and aegisctl. Then i was doing the following:

I was using easy-chroot_0.1.0-1harmattan1_armel.deb. But i had to copy the debian script from HarmChom.tgz and i had to create /.debian and the /home/user/.chroot file.

But my device reboots after few minutes, if i am using debian. I dont have any idea why. What can cause this?

My second question:
The home directory in debian chroot is /home/user. This is the same home directory as the normal user in harmattan. Isnt this dangerous? How can i change this?
Thank you very much for your message HolgerN. You provided here very useful information, as I actually use FingerTerm as well. I'll try with another Terminal application if I have no success with the Rcolistete's deb file. Was it necessary to redo the whole How-to with another Terminal application, or just the mounting command?

Last edited by Kabouik; 2012-08-03 at 16:37.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Great! Do we need to wipe out previous Easy Chroot files? As I already tried your How-to on post #57, I have several files here and there.
No need to wipe out as "easy-chroot" deb overwrites the previous files of HarmChom.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Specific topic for Easy Chroot for MeeGo Harmattan with detailed instructions, etc :
[Announce] Easy Chroot package for MeeGo Harmattan
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

No need to wipe out as "easy-chroot" deb overwrites the previous files of HarmChom.
Alright, thanks!

HoldgerN, you were right that FingerTerm was the issue. This should be warned in the first post as I think we are numerous to use it. I was able to launch OOWriter by using the default Terminal application. There is still an issue for launching LXDE since I need to change rights of xephwn and suxephwn in /home/user inside Chroot, but I can't cd to /home/user (don't know why) from inside the Chroot. However, it's a great progress here for me!

HoldgerN, you were right that FingerTerm was the issue. This should be warned in the first post as I think we are numerous to use it.
Thanks HoldgerN and Kabouik, you are cited in FAQ #3 of the topic "[Announce] Easy Chroot package for MeeGo Harmattan". FingerTerm doesn't work with qchroot.

Thanks! Actually only HoldgerN discovered the source of the problem, all merit belongs to him, I just spammed the thread with my error messages.

Thanks! Actually only HoldgerN discovered the source of the problem, all merit belongs to him, I just spammed the thread with my error messages.
Sorry for not discovering your problem since 3 weeks ago. It was because I don't use FingerTerm and you haven't told it was being used.

No problem at all. Actually I would never have thought it was the source of the problem. Nothing in the error message let think the Terminal application was the issue. I'm glad HoldgerN had the idea to use another Terminal.

Yes, "easy-chroot.deb" is ready (need more tests) and "easy-deb-chroot" is being cooked today. I hope to release them today or tomorrow. They will need inception, aegisctl, open-sh and xmimd as dependencies, so will work with or without open mode kernel. And xmimd (i.e., Meego virtual keybord) is not working on PR1.3 (javispedro is trying to fix it). The debian image downloading remains manual.
I have spent a lot of time fighting against Aegis, testing and fine-tunning some details.

But now Easy Debian package for MeeGo Harmattan is released. A lot simpler to install & use. Many icons with automatic full screen or use of virtual keyboard. See the new "Easy Debian for MeeGo Harmattan" topic.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I released a new xmimd package, available here:

http://depot.javispedro.com/nit/harm..._1.1_armel.deb

The only change since xmimd 1.0 is an attempt to fix the issue with N9 and PR1.3. Until Nokia ships the PR1.3 sources to me, I am not exactly sure what changed between PR1.2 and PR1.3.
So I had to partially guess, and this means that this release may not work for you, at all. Either way, I hope you can find a moment to test it!

Thanks rcolistete btw, the strace was useful enough that I was able to pinpoint the issue at first glance .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:

Tags
chroot, debian, harmattan