Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Which way can I invoke mplayer in maemo rootfs /usr/bin/mplayer from a program running into the chroot? (namely iceweasel)
There is an extension to see italian tv which uses mplayer as its backend. The extension doesn't install in microb or fennec either, but installs on iceweasel, but I need to tell it how to reach the proper, hw accelerated mplayer.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
debernardis: I'm not aware of any way to do this, except copying the Maemo mplayer (and any dependencies) into the chroot. That's an ugly, trial-and-error process that may not work.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Which way can I invoke mplayer in maemo rootfs /usr/bin/mplayer from a program running into the chroot? (namely iceweasel)
There is an extension to see italian tv which uses mplayer as its backend. The extension doesn't install in microb or fennec either, but installs on iceweasel, but I need to tell it how to reach the proper, hw accelerated mplayer.
i'm trying to get gstreamer hw acceleration working in ed at the moment. in the meantime can i suggest you check out kmplayer with the worldtv plugin on maemo.

fsck yeah! got it working. watching hw accelerated movie playback with sound using the totem media player. now i have to go back and repeat things so i can figure out what i did. give me a day or so to refine it.

The Following User Says Thank You to leetnoob For This Useful Post:
ok, here's the easy debian hardware acceleration premier:

FROM A MAEMO PROMPT/TERMINAL

cd /home/user/MyDocs
mkdir gstfiles
cd gstfiles
cp /usr/lib/libOMX_Core.so .
cp /usr/lib/libOMX.TI.Video.Decoder.so .
cp /usr/lib/libOMX.TI.JPEG.encoder.so .
cp /usr/lib/libLCML.so .
cp /usr/lib/libbridge.so.2 .
cp /usr/lib/libImagePipeline.so .
cp /usr/lib/libgstfarsight-0.10.so.0 .
cp /usr/lib/libcapl.so .
cp /usr/lib/libnice.so.0 .
cp /usr/lib/libWildMidi.so.0 .

cd /usr/lib

tar -cvf /home/user/MyDocs/gstfiles/gst.tar gstreamer-0.10

cd /lib

tar -cvf /home/user/MyDocs/gstfiles/dsp.tar dsp

NOW OPEN THE EASY DEBIAN ROOT TERMINAL BY CLICKING ON THE SWIRLY ICON AND TYPE THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS INTO EASY DEBIAN

cd /home/user/MyDocs
cd gstfiles
cp libOMX_Core.so /usr/lib
cp libOMX.TI.Video.Decoder.so /usr/lib
cp libOMX.TI.JPEG.encoder.so /usr/lib
cp libLCML.so /usr/lib
cp libbridge.so.2 /usr/lib
cp libImagePipeline.so /usr/lib
cp libgstfarsight-0.10.so.0 /usr/lib
cp libcapl.so /usr/lib
cp libnice.so.0 /usr/lib
cp libWildMidi.so.0 /usr/lib

cd /lib
tar -xvf /home/user/MyDocs/gstfiles/dsp.tar
cd /
tar -xvf /home/user/MyDocs/gstfiles/gst.tar

now install the totem media player in easy debian

apt-get install totem

to watch hw accelerated movies:

FROM A MAEMO TERMINAL

debbie "export GST_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10:/gstreamer-0.10;sudo -E totem"

let me know how it goes.

notes: you cannot do this from the easy debian lxde desktop.
also click the 'close debian' icon when finished as i've noticed doing 'umount /media/mmc1' from maemo results in MAEMO saying it cannot umount '/.debian/media/mmc1', i'd be interested if qole could take a look at this last point. nothing else seems wrong just the umount command without a sudo. and clicking the close debian icon fixes it if youre worried about it. but as i said i'd be interested in qole's opinion on this umount quirk.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to leetnoob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
mplayer isn't hardware accelerated, even on maemo. if you follow the instructions above you get a totem player which is hardware accelerated. if your plugin allows you to choose a player, choose totem, if it doesn't you can try renaming the totem executable to mplayer (assuming you don't have mplayer installed in easy debian)

The Following User Says Thank You to leetnoob For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Well, Maemo mplayer has some hardware acceleration (it is better tuned for the ARM architecture than "stock" Debian mplayer); but it does not have DSP support.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Well, Maemo mplayer has some hardware acceleration (it is better tuned for the ARM architecture than "stock" Debian mplayer); but it does not have DSP support.
it might have some software tweaks for arm, and it does indeed perform better than e.d. mplayer, but i think the only actual hardware acceleration is xv where it gets each frame displayed by hw acceleration , but the hard part is constructing each frame , which it still only does via software. e.d. mplayer can also take advantage of xv when launched via debbie, but because it's lacking the software tweaks in ffmpeg decoding it doesn't perform as well.

but you've given me an idea for a killer totem set up: we now have gst hardware acceleration , so if we can use the optimised ffmpeg libraries and the gst-ffmpeg plugin we can have as good a media player backend as anything on maemo.

actually i seem to remember a 'maemo' option in the configure options when compiling ffmpeg for e.d. a while back, so it may be as easy as selecting that and compiling as normal.

stay tooned...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leetnoob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Unfortunately totem doesn't do the job, and it seems that mplayer is strictly required. I'll look into exporting mplayer from maemo to the chroot.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
I do not get installed.

What repository turn on / off? and the steps please.

Thanks.
You should find gfortran-4.3 in the lenny repository. Once enabled, just start synaptic and type gfortran in the search box. It will show you a list of related programs. Look for gfortran-4.3 and select it to download. I think gcc is one of its dependencies so it will be included with the download. Once installed, gfortan wil be in \usr\bin so make sure you specify the path when compiling. Also make sure the fortran program you want to compile has a f95 extension or it will not compile.

For example

\usr\bin\gfortran-4.3 program.f95 -o program

will make a fortran 95 executable called program.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: You don't have to be in LXDE to compile or run a program. Just open xterm and type debbie-sue. Then proceed as usual. Note, when using debbie-sue, you will be put in /home/user.

Last edited by mscion; 2011-04-04 at 15:38.

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze