Active Topics

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
This is amazing news I have to go to sleep now (I live in Finland) Can't wait for tomorrow

Last edited by esakom; 2009-09-07 at 19:05.

I just found out that the Garage has a 150 Meg file size limit. Anybody have a place I can put one file that will be approx 500megs and another which I'm guessing will be closer to 2gigs for downloading?

Nathan

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Ok, at the moment I am currently going to upload it to my server; it is in the process of uploading right now and will take about 4 hours from the time of this post. (So 4 hours from now it should be up) -- Bah; it died shortly after I went to bed last night; I've restarted the upload right now.

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/PC/vpc-sdk/

It is 547 Megs. It has the VMC and two VHD's. (I was trying something that didn't help at all-- the next time I will re-build it I will go back to only one VHD)

This version of the Virtual PC has all the scripts that will do a full install of the scratchbox, sdk, nokia's binaries, QT, Python for you. you just need to run them and go drink some coffee/tea. (QT & Python are optional installs).

I have not had ONE crash, so I've been very pleased and I've been working it quite hard. Install, reset, fix, install, reset, fix, isntall, reset fix....

Nathan.

Last edited by Nathan; 2009-09-12 at 01:43. Reason: Change timetable as upload crashed last night.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Ok, at the moment I am currently going to upload it to my server; it is in the process of uploading right now and will take about 4 hours from the time of this post. (So 4 hours from now it should be up)

http://www.congocart.com/Maemo-Freemantle.7z

(Erps, I just realized I mis-spelled Fremantle in the 7z file, I'll fixed it later once it is uploaded....)

It is 555 Megs. It has the VMC and two VHD's. (I was trying something that didn't help at all-- the next time I will re-build it I will go back to only one VHD)

This version of the Virtual PC has all the scripts that will do a full install of the scratchbox, sdk, nokia's binaries, QT, Python for you. you just need to run them and go drink some coffee/tea. (QT & Python are optional installs).

I have not had ONE crash, so I've been very pleased and I've been working it quite hard. Install, reset, fix, install, reset, fix, isntall, reset fix....

Nathan.
You sir, are the man! I'm downloading now, hopefully I can get my head around the platform and start developing shortly.

Hrm, my download is only 73mb, I guess it isn't up yet?

Doesn't it figure -- it Crashed shortly after I went to bed. I've restarted it

Oh and the file size has changed slightly because I told my machine to re-compress it using the ultra compression in 7Zip (which took it all night) and am uploading that version. I was hoping for a larger savings in space so I'll take what I can get this time, but I won't bother using ultra as the savings of 8 megs wasn't worth the time it took. ;-)

The file is fully uploaded!!! Start your downloads, and be nice to my server! ;-)

Nathan.

Last edited by Nathan; 2009-09-08 at 16:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Ok, the Virtual PC VM is fully uploaded to my server: (version .01) -- I will master at least one more image when Fremantle final sdk is released to combine the two VHD's into one VHD. I had them separate as I was trying to see if the swap partition was causing the compaction process not to work.

From then on out you should be able to just save a copy of the original VHD and just run the scripts to update to any new "features" and "sdks". Keep your

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/PC/vpc-sdk/
(Be nice, please don't use multiple threads to download it -- I run a small business on this server)

It is a Ubuntu (Jaunty) install w/ SSH and a Windows File share setup on it. It has the latest patches as of Sept 7th, 2009.

Valid users on the system is "maemo/maemo" and "root/root".

From your host (Windows 2000 - Windows 7) you can open a new explorer window and type "\\<ipnumber\maemo" to connect to the maemo user home directory to copy files into and out of the vm.

it has Midnight Commander installed (for those like me who find MC indispensable)

It defaults to using DHCP to get its ip number, but if you want you can set it to be a fixed ip number by clikcing the little icon on the top menu next to the time/date.

----

Now, what features would you liked to see embedded in this VM.
My plans are currently as time permits:

1. Add a utility that will display the current IP on the desktop.

2. Add scripts to make QT integration to the Scratchbox as seemless as possible. I would like to see the ability to compile -> run -> debug from QT and have it auto-handle the stuff in the scratchbox.

3. Possibly add another development editor (for those who aren't interested in using QT -- any recommendations)

Anything else you all want to see?

Nathan

Last edited by Nathan; 2009-09-12 at 01:43.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Thanks a lot, I'm downloading now

Since Nokia has a lot of effort going on with Qt, I would emphasize for that.

Is it corrupt again? Doesn't seem to extract for me, I'll redownload and report back.

Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
Is it corrupt again? Doesn't seem to extract for me, I'll redownload and report back.
Looks like my download cancelled for some reason, reading at 548mb instead of 517mb now, all should be good. Thanks man.

Tags
development, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, programming, sdk, virtual machine, virtualpc, windows, windows 7