Notices

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
There is more than one, such as free42. Have you looked in the repositories?? Do you even HAVE repositories installed? this stulff has been there since day one. It helps to use the app manager and search before you post in a thread for help. Its very simple to use.
Free42 made my day, along with leaf-pad (in vi, replace was frightening experience).

Looks well, and supports both landscape and portrait (no automatic switch, though); looks better in portrait. Buttons could be a bit larger, but for stylus it doesn't matter.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Should, but somehow don't...
C'mon people with N900s, please go voting for apps!
where to rate an application???i want to vote "cube"as a wrost application i have ever found.in symbian i could see three side at a time and could move to any side the cube! while on n900...one side can be seen at time and cube is not movable tooo+ a very bad pool game i have ever found....

c'on maemo making one goood application is better then making 10 wrost apps(sorry for bad english)

we should altogather shout...
we want more good applications

we need loads more apps , ovi store is crap an lets face it , the apps you can get aint the best , such a shame !

how many new application comes weekly for n900 ??????

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
up. And I may be confusing things - Im not from a open source background and I don't understand it. I really don't understand all the various licenses. I like the idea of open and collaborative projects, I don't like people freely sharing commercial code behind a developer's back. Apart from any monetary loss it's not respectful to the developer to do so, I'm sure it would make a developer think twice about developing again if he found his commercial deb linked on a public forum. From what I can see, open source (or what is passing off as it) is not a philosophy I wanna subscribe to at this time.
There has been a mixup - what you write about has nothing to do with open source. Piracy is piracy, self-righteousness is self-righteousness, idiocy is idiocy, no matter what the development philosophy is. You don't develop software (open or proprietary) because of the (no mattery how many) people who feel entitled to get, judge and demand anything just because they acquired a piece of hardware that can run it. You do it for the people who DO respect the effort, either by paying, thanking, writing postcards, whatever. Again, it has nothing to with open source. The Stellarium example is just a super-complicated case with a lot of 'that should have been played a lot smarter' episodes.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
can anyone make atleat 3d rubix cube for us?? (i know there is one already but in that i can see only one side!!!!WTF... in my old symian i could see three sides at ones! thus it was easy to solve)

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
We need more testers!

datetoday-home-widget
needs 7 votes.
desktop-switcher needs 8 votes.
moonphase-home-widget needs 4 votes.
scout needs 4 votes.

Please, if you are already using applications from extras-devel,
consider to test, give feedback and vote for applications that are
in extras-testing as well.

nicolai

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Somewhere out West
I propose we get this Browser http://www.jolicloud.com/blog/2010/0...w-html5-ready/ on our N800/N900 rolling. If you read the page it has 600+ web apps. Who's got the talent to get her done!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Caballero; 2010-12-15 at 07:03.

Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
we need loads more apps , ovi store is crap an lets face it , the apps you can get aint the best , such a shame !

Unfortunately this just isn't a mass production sort of community. Yes, there are some quality apps, but overall more developers are drawn to the popular OS's, heck I think even Symbian gets more love from Devs.

On top of that, Maemo is technically dead, in a year or so there will still be enthusiasts, but Nokia killed any chances of a large, long lived community. Realize that even if you or I might not agree with some things about the Iphone, Apple has allowed a continuous community to exist for 4 complete years. I can imagine that being exciting for alot of people.

The N900 is a great device, it has baseline functionality unrivaled by no non-Nokia phone and an OS with awesome levels of user control, however it is aging. While, early builds of both Ios and Android were bare bones on functionality, they are catching up. With a large, active, community behind each, that feels safe that their OS of choice won't just be dropped, they are going to become viable alternatives for people like me who want ALOT of control over their device but aren't necessarily into diving into the backend of the phone every time they need a solution.

That said, if Meego can survive a few years, I think it has a shot. The Maemo community has been awesome, the apps output has been great considering the size of the community. Hopefully MeeGo will get the same love.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dmberta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgrade, Serbia
@dmberta

+1

Tags
applications, apps, fart apps, free apps, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, more apps, ovi, ovi store, pay apps, software