Notices

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Venezuela
Hi, i'm sorry to bother you guys, but i need some help, i tried using my N900 for watching movies and stuff, so i downloaded a couple of two andd a half men and the office episodes, but apparently my n900 doesn't recognize the format on all of them, even tho they are .AVi files, (it's weird cause it recognizes ONE of the files) ... so i was wondering if maybe you guys could tell me a better player than the built-in one and where to download it... i tried the extra coders support but it doesn't seem to help much ... i walso wanted to ask you if there's one where i choose subtitles, like .SRT ones .... i also have a weird problem where the N900 says that "can't find the file to play" ...when trying to play movies recorded by me (on the N900 camera) .... any help would be great ... thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to rikisky For This Useful Post:
i tried using mplayer with kmplayer but some movies .Avi still don't play...and the rest seem a bit laggy with a the audio out of sinc i would love some help :/

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
I have started converting everything to mp4. The compression is better and most files play fine on my n900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haus3r For This Useful Post:
thanks for the replay, i've tried that but still wouldn't help me play files recorded with the camera, cause they are already mp4 i think...it' just weird, i record a video and then try to play it in the media player and it says can't find the file

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
AVI is simply a container, the codec used could be almost anything inside.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
I use Mp4 but not all are played by the build in player, so I switch to KMPlayer and even Mediabox and now I can play every movie I want...

Build in player is just crap, sorry for the word but the only advantage is that you can pause it and watch the next day where you left.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscarrot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oxford , England
Can someone tell me if files from www.stagevu.com will work on my N900?

The Following User Says Thank You to jcm6084 For This Useful Post:
I don't get the love for mplayer. Videos that don't play in the built-in player play slow and out of sync in mplayer. Right now, there is no good solutions for videos on the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheLongshot For This Useful Post:
yeah, i use km player with mplayer but longshot is right, audio is out of sync most of the time, and it's difficult to sync, still doesn't explain why videos taken by the n900 are not playing

Little tip.

I find that if i try playing a video it doesnt recognise i then have to switch phone off then on again before trying any other video;
otherwise the standard media player will open but not play anything. So try re-booting with each attemp

The Following User Says Thank You to vinsta For This Useful Post: