Posts: 115 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Mexico
hi guys new question.. I installed the new firmware and I also flashed the emmc, then I saved all my contacts in a folder on my laptop so every single contact is back in the phone... when i try to log in to my msn account a message pops up in the conversations window saying no contacts... WTF?? do u guys have the same problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to badstraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Did you use the backup application to restore your settings and contacts, or did you just a plain copy of the contacts folder, which i doubt would be sufficient?

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
Works for me.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Works perfectly for me, but I updated it OTA.

I'm having the same problem. I do get logged into my msn account and I can recieve messages from friends but when I try to start a conversation it just says No contacts...?
Anyone know what this is about?

By the way, gtalk works fine...

Last edited by leocor; 2010-05-26 at 19:24.

im getting the same issue here, however when i opened Contacts book and sort by Availability its all there.. i hope theres a fix though as im so used to entering from Conversations.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Birmingham
It works ok for me - but has anyone got facebook IM also logged in at the same time???

It a bit annoying, I have just merged a contact that has both FB IM and MSN IM details, when i open up new IM and choose the contact from the list it automatically starts up FB IM, you then have to go into the contact card (tapping the IM - contact drop down) and select "open contact card" then actually select the MSN icon bar, which in turn opens up a new window for the MSN IM chat.....

annoying.............

Does anyone have a solution for this, like setting "MSN IM" as "default" somewhere so thats the one that it opens up first??? Or being able to select which IM you want after you select the contact would be the best.....

oh yeah and the contact that I am talking about wasn't online for FB chat but was online for MSN chat.......... crap

I dont know what to do.... I have all my contacts but it doesnt let me send an instant message to any of them becuase it says no contacts available.. this is very frustrating..

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Did you use the backup application to restore your settings and contacts, or did you just a plain copy of the contacts folder, which i doubt would be sufficient?
How do I use the backup application?, i mean i have the .zip files and everything, but also i exported every single contact , now... how do I restore my settings and contacts, maybe thats the problem... I just sent my contacts to my phone one by one and then imported them from the import contacts option.

pleeease guys do u know how to restore the contacts via pc?