Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Now, I have a so-called "Media Receiver" (MR300) from the Deutsche Telekom. There are no specs for it as far as I know, but I found that the LIRC database contains an entry for a "T-Online" product (S100).

No idea what S100 is, but maybe you could try adding that and then I can try it if works with the Media Receiver.
I'll put it on the list! It appears to be using the RC5 protocol, so no trouble there. But yeah, I can't tell either if it is in fact the MR300 or something like it.

Hmm, actually, just took a swing past the hifi-remotes website; it looks like they've got some rough decodes for a Deutsche Telekom "T-Home 300", but it isn't using RC5 protocol. I'll see if I can make heads or tails of their discussion...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Is it possible to add those "Chinese universal remotes"?
??? I'm not sure what you mean. Pierogi is a universal remote...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
it only works maybe 1meter form tv set..is it just me?
I'm getting distances of at least 2 meters from most devices. Can you tell me what keyset you are using? Maybe I've got some settings wrong...

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Just did some more tests and I was able to turn it on and off the first time easily with dvd set 3 Then I turned the recorder on for the second time with some more effort, it requires much effort to properly recognize it , even from 10 cm distance Then I thought I would also turn of with the power button on pierogi, but instead it muted again. Then after holding power button en moving the phone to find the sensor, which is really hard aiming compared to my Panasonic TV, the device(recorder) turned off in the end. So sometimes it mutes, and sometimes the powerbutton works like it should.

I know you kind of know that's something not right on the Philips sets, but I thought this might be valuable information. Have nice day, and thanks for the working remote for my Panasonic TV

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
Hi there, requesting LG TV's Service_Menu (resp. IR Hack) if possible.
I do have about a half-dozen "factory codes" for the LG TV Keyset #1, but I'm kinda nervous about putting them in the UI; you can really damage your TV if you don't know what you are doing. I suppose I could make a special "Do not use unless you know what you are doing!" window, or some such...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bangalore, India
After todays update, got the Philips keyset 2 working for my Television Not sure if I was pointing my N900 in wrong direction yesterday. A wonderful intelligent app. Appreciate the way you (Copernicus) answer and support every single query on this thread. Hats off!

Originally Posted by shrijith1 View Post
After todays update, got the Philips keyset 2 working for my Television Not sure if I was pointing my N900 in wrong direction yesterday. A wonderful intelligent app. Appreciate the way you (Copernicus) answer and support every single query on this thread. Hats off!
Thanks! And hey, by the way, if you get the chance, could you do a few tests for me? In particular, make sure the "Mute" button is working correctly, and if you hold down one of the Volume keys, that the volume will increase or decrease for as long as you hold the button. (I.E., I'd like to know if the repeat functionality is working.)

The Philips TV Keyset 2 and Philips DVD Keyset 3 are using the exact same RC6 protocol. If TV Keyset 2 is working fine, that means the problems mr_pingu is having must lie in the key values themselves, not in the protocol...

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
I am home I will test if my recorder acts on commands of keyset 2

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Anybody with an Admiral try all the Sharp and Zenith keysets.

Philco try all Magnavox, Samsung or Yamaha keysets.
none of them worked on my admiral and philco tvs -.-

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Sky+HD looks good: the LIRC has a config file, and it looks like standard RC6 protocol! This could be the first satellite receiver I manage to get right...
works great thanks again

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control