I've been waiting quite a while for a new build. But I couldn't wait longer and yesterday I've installed build 0.3. Thanks for all your port works. Generally everything is very smooth. But I have some problems with the followings:
  • GPS finds my current location a bit slow (about one minute, I live in İstanbul)
  • No vibration for calls (only a small tic at the beginning)
  • "Problem with network" notification message showing after received and missing calls
  • Sometimes cellular data option not available to enable
  • Calendar doesn't show Google and Facebook events (birthdays actually)
  • There's already a way: How do I cancel tutorial? A way to skip tutorial app would be nice (I've only done three new installations, but it's still time consuming. It would be useful for ports without OTA support )

Last edited by maidis; 2017-08-20 at 20:21. Reason: [u] -> [strike]

The Following User Says Thank You to maidis For This Useful Post:
cancel tutorial press top left then top right, bottom right and bottom left of screen

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I would like to try this rom with my Nexus 5, but i want to ask one question before i start

I have a Nexus 5 with a broken power button that I removed.
In android I did few things:
- I replaced the Vol+ button mapping so i can use it as a Power button

I want to know if it is possible to do the same thing with this ROM and if you know what are the few steps to do it ?

Congrats for this rom and thank you for maintening it

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RemyL For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Of course you can change the button mappings to whatever you want to; however that only changes the OS interpretion of the buttonset, it does not affect things like long-press-to-hard-reset which is wired on the chipset and power&volup to enter boot selection which is determined by bootloader.

And BTW just call it an OS image instead of a "ROM"...
It is such an android-centric ugly word which does not really mean what it's supposed to.
It's as wrong as using word "hacker" to mean a blackhat.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
I'm sorry for the ROM and OS confusion and you are right.

I changed my boot settings so the phone will boot when i plug the charger and i can acces bootloader using plugin+volup.

So I will try it as soon as i can. I hope it is not too hard to do remap buttons

Thank you for you answer

A few questions:

1. Are links to new builds updated in the first post? I.e. if I'll install using those links, will I get the newest builds?

2. Is mtp fix included in build 3?

3. Does fixing video recording require updates to CM, or it's something to do with libhybris?

4. It says:

You need to use this multirom recovery or you won't be able to flash sensorsfix3.zip after installation.
Does it mean sensorsfix only works with multirom method and not with "normal" one, or it means only in case of using multirom method, use that special multirom recovery?

Last edited by shmerl; 2017-08-28 at 00:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Does it mean sensorsfix only works with multirom method and not with "normal" one, or it means only in case of using multirom method, use that special multirom recovery?
I don't even know what a multirom is and I have flahed sensorsfix image to my device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
A few questions:
1) The links seem to be up to date.

2) MTP is working.

3) It is a problem with the SELinux implementation in Android 6.0. So it's a CM change as far as I know.

4) You need the mentioned multirom recovery to easily flash new zip files into existing ROM's. With newer multirom versions, the 'flash zip' file option doesn't work.

Last edited by minimec; 2017-08-28 at 08:03.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:
Hello,

So i finally decided to try this OS.
Everything seem to work perfectly. Thank you so much for your work

As i said in my previous post, i do not have power button anymore.
So i tried to remap my keys. I successfully found the file i needed to modify but i'm not able to modify or replace it (file is only readable)
Using the terminal i'm in root mod (using devel-su) but nothing work for now.

It would be awesome if one of you have a solution

Have a nice day
Rémy

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RemyL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by RemyL View Post
As i said in my previous post, i do not have power button anymore.
So i tried to remap my keys. I successfully found the file i needed to modify but i'm not able to modify or replace it (file is only readable)
Using the terminal i'm in root mod (using devel-su) but nothing work for now.

It would be awesome if one of you have a solution
There is a quiet elegant solution for you. You can use the proximity sensor to power on the screen to something called 'low power mode' (lpm). You can then double tap on the screen to activate the user interface.

In the terminal...
Code:
devel-su pkcon install mce-tools
mcetool --set-lpmui-triggering=from-pocket,hover-over
mcetool --set-low-power-mode=enabled
I never use the power button...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post: