So as I was saying.. yes Tear is impressive
(my Archoke died in the middle of my post, damned thing needs a diesel
generator for true portability)
My iTouch 8G scores 109242
Tear scores 47505
Microb can't run the test at all (kills connection and hangs)

If anyone is still following this thread..I can't for the life of me find any
user instructions for Tear (ie shortcuts, zoom features, navigation) and I'm sure that it's capable of a lot more but I can find no real end-user
documentation. Any tips?
Cheers

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
New person here. I use skyfire on my N95 8gb and when I connect it up to the N810 via bluetooth the N810 doesn't seem so bad on speed. Could be much faster, definitely much slower than Skyfire browser on my N95 8gb.
Can someone please explain to me a few things.
Someone here refered to browserd as a web browser, is that the defualt one that I am using?
Whenever I run task manager that thing is taking up thirty something mbs of ram even after just turning the N810 on and i am not even using the internet yet. I also see some other task running taking up a lot of mb's after just turning on the tablet called osso mediaserv ....something like that.
I'd like to kill both of these if they are not being used.
Can i download tear? Should i download tear? Will it open up veoh.com and hulu.com?
Someone mentioned xulrunner, what is that because i saw it under downloadables before?
Should i go get it?
Some of the descriptions for these downloads are too short and don't really let me know if i should download it or not. A lot don't have screen shots. There are a lot with technical descriptions that make me just pass them up because i have no idea what they are talking about.
I guess i shouldn't complain since everything is free and i am grateful for a lot of the programmers work. But you don't see that on Ovi store for Nseries devices even for free apps.
Maybe if some of the programmers were allowed to display donation links we would get a little more development going.
What do you think?
I'd definitely donate 20 bucks here or there to some of the program writers.

Last edited by aironeous; 2009-06-29 at 00:19.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Responding to a small bit of your post. By all means download tear.

The general conclusion on Hulu iis that the NITs lack the power to play those videos. (Ditto, btw, for YouTube -- except through the dedicated YouTube players: mytube & canola & digia@web.)

Keep browserd. You could try killing it on an ad hoc basis; but you need it for the default browser MicroB, and tear is not yet a 100% replacement for Microb.

What's generally worth uninstalling is metalayer-crawler. Learn more with the Newbie link below.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Whenever I run task manager that thing is taking up thirty something mbs of ram even after just turning the N810 on and i am not even using the internet yet. I also see some other task running taking up a lot of mb's after just turning on the tablet called osso mediaserv ....something like that.
Be aware that the RAM usage numbers that it reports aren't particularly useful for judging the real RAM usage.

Tags
benchmark, browser, performance