Notices

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
With consoles the CPU processor speed is pretty meaningless... its all about the GPU
But talking about console emulation, most of the work is done
by the cpu, what doesn't mean gpu isn't also heavily needed
on some cases...

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
hmmm! Okay, Anyway the idea has been launched, and i'm sure that somebody will silently work on this! It sounds promising! loool!

Talking about gpu, when opened the file i saw some text files mentioning openGL, SDL and all these stuff!

Last edited by Boemien; 2010-12-16 at 16:38.

Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
hmmm! Okay, Anyway the idea has been launched, and i'm sure that somebody will silently work on this! It sounds promising! loool!

Talking about gpu, when opened the file i saw some text files mentioning openGL, SDL and all these stuff!
Dude, seriously, don't get your hopes up. While the idea of portable gamecube games is great, it will never happen on the n900. Portable gc is only possible with a good enough laptop right now. Maybe in 5 or 10 years we'll have phones powerful enough.

The Following User Says Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
But see, GBA has an ARM processor ( like N900 ), running at 17mhz,
and even at 600mhz we still don't have a fast enough emu...
That's the emulator's fault, not the phones. Someone else did take up development on one so we'll see.

As for a Game Cube emulator, it will never be playable, this I can guarantee.

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by mattbutsko View Post
That's the emulator's fault, not the phones.
I would throw my N900 in the closest trash if it was!

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Gamecube? On a 600Mhz/1Ghz processor? With a 110Mhz GPU and 256Mb RAM?
Forget it. My old computer with a 3,2Ghz processor and 1Gb RAM only had 3-10FPS. With my quad-core AMD running at 3Ghz along with 6Gb RAM and a ATI RHD 5750, it runs close to full speed.
Now, how would the N900 perform? 1FPS or lower is my belief.
It is true that the N900 is more powerful than a Gamecube, but emulating it is useless. Why not make native game that push the level of detail in 3D games instead?

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Okay, Okay! I abandon the war!!! Although it would have been great to have a game cube Emulator, it seems that our phone isn't powerful enough!! Anyway thanks for all your point of views!!!!! Good nite!