Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
In my previous Nokia phones if i don't acknowledge an alarm when it rings (by snoozing or stopping it), it will keep ringing, then pause, then 5 minutes later start ringing again, and that keeps going forever; but with my N900, after a few rings it gets tired, the alarm notice stays on the screen but no sound anymore; also, if there are multiple alarms ringing and one of them has ran out of breath, the other alarms on the queue seems to get suppressed somtimes (if i snooze or stop the one currently on screen only then the next one on the queue starts rinng).

Is there somthing i can do to make the alarms keep ringing untill i do somthing about it? I've got late several times because the alarm i set with enough antecedence to give me time to wake up stop ringing before i fully wake up and i go sleep again without noticing

ps: i'm talking about the builtin alarm system, the one you can set from the clock and also gets triggered by events on the calendar with alarm time set; i don't wanna loose the functionality and integration

Last edited by TiagoTiago; 2011-04-05 at 21:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
I only noticed this, this morning. was quite surprised by it, if we use a longer tone maybe it will last longer but haven't tried it yet and means a very big file may have to be kept on phone

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
You could set another alarm 10 minutes later. There's also an EvilAlarm app you can look at.

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
That would be a good idea but as TiagoTiago said the previous alarm will inhibit the new one...

Evilalarm was install on my device but its not the waking up thats a problem lol

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Lol. I've never noticed that before, but I use a standard alarm clock next to my phone's.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Yes, this is quite a problem.

My N900 has this twitch where it sometimes kills audio after a short wile while in an alarm. It sits on my desk, it goes riiiing then nothing. UI looks like it rings, but it does not.

Since the alarm is modal, all my subsequent alarms either que ot get passed by.

I was thinking about a Queen beecon widget but it is quite the overhead and it might not always refresh.

I could live with a daemon if it does really work. I was thinking a mplayer call to play audio or video, Q quits it and maybe the software could check if the entire song was played, e.g. if mplayer ran over 30 seconds.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Tags
alarm