Active Topics

Between 0.2.4 and 0.2.7 are updated CA certificates from mozilla. Jonwil should know more as he updated that package.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
fix for location-proxy not working since maemo-security-certman 0.2.4:

maemo-security-certman (0.2.9) unstable; urgency=low

Certificate fix for location-proxy

-- Jonathan Wilson <xxxx@xxxx> Sun, 5 Feb 2017 11:58:10 -0500

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Be VERY careful when running apt-get upgrade with cssu-devel enabled. It is highly likely it will install the package kernel-modules but not actually install the newer kernel. If that happens your N900 will not be able to properly boot (even backupmenu will not be able to restore any backups).

This was what caused my own N900 to fail before causing no end of problems (which were finally solved when I was able to get an external battery charger to charge my battery and then reflash the root FS before restoring my BM backup and moving on from there with installing the very specific packages I actually wanted to install on top of CSSU-testing)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
I hope we get a patch for the wifi Krack in the CSSU.

Fixing the WiFi flaw is definitely on the todo list for the developers (probably by replacing the WiFi subsystem with something based on e.g. wpa_supplicant). There is no easy fix because the necessary package (osso-wlan-security) is closed source.

Been uploading some things to CSSU-devel.
The following packages have been updated to the latest version (or added if they weren't in CSSU-devel at all):
alarmd
clock-ui
clockd
codelockui
community-ssu-enabler
connui-internet
evolution-data-server
hildon-plugins-notify-sv
iphbd
libbmeipc (only in cssu-devel so libbmeipc-dev package is available for building other things)
libdevlock
libmafw
libplayback
maemo-security-certman
mafw-gst-renderer
mafw-iradio-source
mafw-shared
mafw-test-gui
mafw-tracker-source
mafw-upnp-source
microb-engine
ncurses
osso-applet-devicelock
osso-bookmark-engine
osso-systemui-alarm
osso-systemui-tklock
usbmode

The following packages give errors when I try to build them in my development VM:
vte (gives error "Your intltool is too old. You need intltool 0.35.0 or later" even though I have intltool 0.35.0-3 installed)
tracker (gives error "Your intltool is too old. You need intltool 0.35.0 or later" even though I have intltool 0.35.0-3 installed)
feedservice-plugin-fb-common (gives error "config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in" and isn't generating makefile.in properly when it should)
sharing-service-facebook (needs feedservice-plugin-fb-common-dev from feedservice-plugin-fb-common)
gmp (gives errors about "bad instructions")
nettle (needs libgmp10-dev from gmp)
hildon-input-method-plugins (cant find -limengines-wp, we need a suitable package for that)
libgtkadi (gives error "qemu: uncaught target signal 4 (Illegal instruction) - core dumped")

The following packages built correctly but wont properly upload to the repository for some reason:
libicd2-dev
osso-systemui

The following packages are in CSSU git but for various reasons can't (or shouldn't) be put into CSSU-devel:
cmtspeech (not finished yet)
pulseaudio-nokia (not finished yet)
cssu-maintenance (nothing to build)
cssu-state (nothing to build)
connui-cellular (for some reason a local compile of this on my end causes hildon-status-menu to crash)
location-supl-fix (no longer exists)
libsoup (empty repo)
bme-rx-51 (tied to different/newer kernel, not required)
dsme-thermalobject-surface (tied to different/newer kernel, not required)
hald-addon-bme (tied to different/newer kernel, not required)
iphb-dkms (tied to different/newer kernel, not required)
libcptvout (nothing to build)
mp-fremantle-community-pr (doesn't belong in cssu-devel)
recovery-terminal (nothing to build)
profiled (looks like whats in Git isn't what's wanted for Maemo Fremantle or if it is I cant get it to upload properly)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
Three may be some other projects as part of fmg's Fremantle-GTK2 project that could be included. Might be worth talking to him.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Freemangordon says there is nothing in that project that should be in CSSU.

The Following User Says Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
hi i ended up in a reboot loop after todays cssu updates

Its your own fault for not heeding the warnings and indiscriminately installing things from community-devel.
That said, what sort of boot loop? How far in the boot process does it get before it fails?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
phone starts when battery was removed pin code is asked the the start video plays then comes the time and date menu and then the status light comes on in white start up sound is played and the device restarts in a loop but never come as fare as the first time
after battery removal it starts from beginning

loading battery is although ending in a reboot loop

Tags
easter egg, lockslider