Banned | Posts: 82 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Israel
i did the trick u said qwerty but no results.. this sucks

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yes, it did not work...

I have rebooted and nothing changed.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Worked for me:

Problem just poped up for me today also. Not sure of the cause but this did fix it. Added the line as suggested:

# Application manager
application/x-deb=hildon-hildon-application-manager.desktop
application/x-debian-package=hildon-hildon-application-manager.desktop
application/x-install-instructions=hildon-hildon-application-manager.desktop
application/x-archive=hildon-hildon-application-manager.desktop

The Following User Says Thank You to mikebell For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikebell View Post
Problem just poped up for me today also. Not sure of the cause but this did fix it. Added the line as suggested:

# Application manager
application/x-deb=hildon-hildon-application-manager.desktop
application/x-debian-package=hildon-hildon-application-manager.desktop
application/x-install-instructions=hildon-hildon-application-manager.desktop
application/x-archive=hildon-hildon-application-manager.desktop
yes,this does work,thanks mikebell

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
It was what I was suggesting originally (although tbh, not in exact words), I can't believe that it would be hard to figure out. I could see the application manager lines, all I did was clone one in vi.

u know qwerty not everybody is a linux hacker.. specialy me,i work with windows,all this is new for me.. by the way why u don't make a tutorial to install diablo? it's very selfish that some people has it and some not..

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by luis-garcia View Post
by the way why u don't make a tutorial to install diablo? it's very selfish that some people has it and some not..

Like I said in the other thread, Nokia specifically requested that we don't. It's pre-release stuff that isn't ready for end-user consumption.

well antilles so that's awesome that nokia gives privileges to some people u know? that's great,80% of the people here has diablo and the rest needs to wait for the official release as i said before but u know what? i don't think so,i believe u know how a forum works and with all my respect this is absolutely not the way.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
well antilles so that's awesome that nokia gives privileges to some people u know?
Nokia didn't "give privileges" to anybody (well, except for the people in their official testing program ). We figured things out thanks to a blog post and a little hint from Benson before they passworded the repo, then we were grandfathered in. The rest of the people figured out the password from perfectly available public sources and some hints from qwerty12.

that's great,80% of the people here has diablo and the rest needs to wait for the official release as i said before but u know what?
It's more like 1%. There's about 16k registered users on itT, I know of maybe a dozen who definitely have it installed, call it another 2-4 dozen who just haven't said anything. That's still only 60 people . . . 1% would be 160.

i don't think so,i believe u know how a forum works and with all my respect this is absolutely not the way.
Believe whatever the hell you want, but personal opinions and beliefs frequently have little to do with reality—particularly true in this case.

If you want access to unofficial pre-release software not endorsed by the manufacturer nor intended for end-users, then you need to invest a little time and effort into getting it, otherwise we can pretty much guarantee you'll arrive to the wrong conclusions about said software.