Whenever I turned my phone off and charge it via AC adapter or computer it always turn itself back on and charges. Does anyone else have this issue and is there anyway to fix this? My N9 16GB started acting like this after the PR1.2 update.

Last edited by celestialguy; 2012-04-07 at 18:04. Reason: problem solved

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Same here. Is that a bug?

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by celestialguy View Post
Whenever I turned my phone off and charge it via AC adapter or computer it always turn itself back on and charges. Does anyone else have this issue and is there anyway to fix this? My N9 16GB started acting like this after the PR1.2 update.
Do you mean the low power screen with the battery showing how much charge is in the phone? That's suppose to happen.

I have that too. My phone never turns on randomly while recharging.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Do you mean the low power screen with the battery showing how much charge is in the phone? That's suppose to happen.

I have that too. My phone never turns on randomly while recharging.
What I meant is that the battery icon shows up and tells you how much charge is left and charges. When the phone is in that state it is powered OFF. That is normal I get that in PR1.0 and PR 1.1.

I don't get that icon or rather very rarely (5% of the time) when the phone is powered OFF in PR 1.2. The rest of the time it just turns itself on and charges. I tried turning it off again while the phone is plugged to an AC adapter or computer but it still turns itself back on.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Its a normal feature to startup whn plugged to AC. If you really want to go to act_dead mode (only to have charging icon only while plugged in), then run "init 5" as root (that switches phone to act_dead mode).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Its a normal feature to startup whn plugged to AC. If you really want to go to act_dead mode (only to have charging icon only while plugged in), then run "init 5" as root (that switches phone to act_dead mode).
wow thx so much, and what cmd to reboot n9 thru xterminal, i entering reboot but nothings happen?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
wow thx so much, and what cmd to reboot n9 thru xterminal, i entering reboot but nothings happen?
command: init 6

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Thank you so much! I did some testing and it was the reboot app that I was using that was causing the problem. The icon shows up if I typed in init 5 in terminal and holding the power button for 8 seconds.

Again Thank you!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to celestialguy For This Useful Post:
My nokia n9 is only 3 days old and it wont turn on it just has the nokia on it how can i fix this i have downloaded the nokia updater to my domputer but because the phone wont turn on it cant update any thing can any please help

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by stefanie87 View Post
My nokia n9 is only 3 days old and it wont turn on it just has the nokia on it how can i fix this i have downloaded the nokia updater to my domputer but because the phone wont turn on it cant update any thing can any please help
Flash it, easiest way to make it work.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post: