Hi guys. Need help. Yesterday my n900 got a notification telling me it couldn't receive any messages because the memory was full. Since the device got completely unresponsive I tried rebooting. It was a mistake it seems. Now it gets stuck at the 5 dots every time I try to reboot. It doesn't crash, but it doesn't get past that part and never gets to maemo.

Is there a way to get my stuff off of MyDocs before reflashing? Thanks in advance for any help.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
flash kernel only, if its booting then ssh into ur N900 and do full reflash, maybe others can help, sorry for my bad english

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
flash kernel only, if its booting then ssh into ur N900 and do full reflash, maybe others can help, sorry for my bad english
Thanks, I will try!

edit: did a search bu couldn't find a way to flash the kernel only. What do I need to do this?

Last edited by Acidspunk; 2012-02-12 at 15:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
Flashing only the kernel from a FIASCO image (expert topic!)

If you only want to flash a kernel from a FIASCO image without overwriting your rootfs (e.g. because you tried out a different kernel and that didn't work) you can use the following flasher command instead of the one above:

sudo ./flasher-3.5 -F <firmware-image> --flash-only=kernel -f -R

This will flash the kernel from the FIASCO image and then reboot your device. The rootfs will not be touched by this. NB a kernel usually needs matching modules in rootfs, so odds are your kernel from FIASCO image won't work either, if you messed up the modules in rootfs - you need to flash whole COMBINED/FIASCO image then to recover.

I got this from wiki .I am no expert though.

The Following User Says Thank You to udaychaitanya16 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
there is a link on wiki.maemo about upgrading the firmware, be careful and goodluck

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much guys. Flashing only the kernel seems to have worked to get it booting again at least. I'm just gonna transfer my stuff from MyDocs and then reflash the whole thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post: