Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
LMAO!!

Creme de la crap. LOL! Fast becoming my favourite poster.

Agree with everything you said tbh. It makes me cringe when I see certain people demean themselves here all begging for little scraps of information about the stupid N950 phone. After all that has happened with the N900, you would think people would learn their lesson.
That's one thing but another is coming into threads with the sole intention of threadcrapping.
It doesn't do anything productive and just causes a lot of unnecessary posts in a thread.

I rarely, if ever, call anybody out on threadcrapping but there are certainly a few people here who have seen fit to troll and post unnecessary things that don't contribute to the discussion in any meaningful way.

If you don't like the N9/N950 (or even the N900 or any of its forebears) that's perfectly fine with me and probably 99% of the community. Don't go around ruining threads and clogging them up because of it though.

Last edited by cincibluer6; 2011-08-07 at 23:08.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cincibluer6 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by cincibluer6 View Post
That's one thing but another is coming into threads with the sole intention of threadcrapping.
It doesn't do anything productive and just causes a lot of unnecessary posts in a thread.

I rarely, if ever, call anybody out on threadcrapping but there are certainly a few people here who have seen fit to troll and post unnecessary things that don't contribute to the discussion in any meaningful way.

If you don't like the N9/N950 (or even the N900 or any of its forebears) that's perfectly fine with me and probably 99% of the community. Don't go around ruining threads and clogging them up because of it though.
For a moment there, I thought you were someone important....like a Moderator or something.

Sorry Grandad, if you can clog up this thread even more with a list of things that I, and other people, can and can't say it would be greatly appreciated. The last thing we want to do is upset your peaceful readings. Many thanks.

Last edited by JamesBond@ge; 2011-08-07 at 23:38.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Southern California
I keep hoping Elop will get fired and the N950 (or more specifically an N950 successor with the N8 camera and flash) will get greenlit.

But then I wake up.

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
For a moment there, I thought you were someone important....like a Moderator or something.

Sorry Grandad, if you can clog up this thread even more with a list of things that I, and other people, can and can't say it would be greatly appreciated. The last thing we want to do is upset your peaceful readings. Many thanks.
And that's why this place continues to become a cesspool of human existence. You have no respect for anybody else.

Like I said, I recognize your opinion and your right to have it but to come in and tear up threads is just childish and immature.

I won't say anymore than this. Enjoy the rest of the thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cincibluer6 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
Can you close apps by swiping up ?
I read that somewhere.
it could be great, because i really don't understand why you can't close apps.
It's like on the (ridiculous) ipad... i think we don't need to have all the apps open, it's not hard to add a cross to close apps.
I know you can close it in the "multitask view", but it could be easier i think.
Well, if i can have a n9, i hope somebody will add this features.
(sorry for my poor english)

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by turbovomit View Post
Can you close apps by swiping up ?
I read that somewhere.
it could be great, because i really don't understand why you can't close apps.
It's like on the (ridiculous) ipad... i think we don't need to have all the apps open, it's not hard to add a cross to close apps.
I know you can close it in the "multitask view", but it could be easier i think.
Well, if i can have a n9, i hope somebody will add this features.
(sorry for my poor english)
not for current fw n950, but it is availaible for n9.
P.S : N950 run different fw , or can say N9 fw better than N950
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo

The Following User Says Thank You to cloud596 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
how easy would it have been to pound the N950s and recycle them in a factory's scrap?

why going through all the trouble of sending them all over the world, partly by messenger to avoid trouble w/ the customs, if it was a dead end?

how easy would it have been for the CEO to cancel THAT?
Seriously mate, I know that you are all dewy eyed and in the midst of being seduced by curved glass screen and turqoise aluminium casing but ask yourself this.....

When has anything that Nokia have done in the last 3 to 4 years made any sense?

You ask "why" in the above quote. "why would Nokia go to all the trouble of sending them out" blah blah blah

I can't answer that because really and truly, who knows why Nokia does anything anymore?

Announce they are scrapping their Symbian operating system even though they still have Symbian phones left that they are going to be putting on the market?

Jump into bed with Microsoft?

This palaver over ending support for the N900 8 months after it was released?

Why release the N9 with no damn keyboard, contrary to most potential N9 customers want?

Why release the "flagship" N97 and the N96 before it with no fvcking GPU? Making them inferior to even the N95?

So when you ask "why are Nokia going to all the trouble of sending out the N950's", don't be thinking that they have some mega plan up their sleeve. They haven't. The iPhone and Android have knocked Nokia for six and it's too late now.

They don't have a frickin' clue what to do.

But at least the N950 can schedule email downloads to keep the phone silent at night. Can't wait for that.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
One can say that this forum has a steep learning curve. jk.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
Originally Posted by cloud596 View Post
not for current fw n950, but it is availaible for n9.
P.S : N950 run different fw , or can say N9 fw better than N950
"available" ?
Do you mean, it's an option in the settings menu ? Or it's an update ?
Because in all the vids i saw, they swipe up, and it goes to the multitask view.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by turbovomit View Post
"available" ?
Do you mean, it's an option in the settings menu ? Or it's an update ?
Because in all the vids i saw, they swipe up, and it goes to the multitask view.
As far as I know, it's an update and an option in the setting menu, and it's only when you swipe down.

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post: