Closed Thread
Originally Posted by MaLKaV View Post
Well, let's hope that the UK release is just a prelude of PR1.2

Althought I belive that it will hit market just in late April
I think there will be an Aprils fools day announcement

sms only for mobile option is very stupid! here in holland we can send sms to landlines too. This means the option will reduce in functionality!

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sygys View Post
sms only for mobile option is very stupid! here in holland we can send sms to landlines too. This means the option will reduce in functionality!
here in Finland we don't do such insanity.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Why not? Here in Germany it's also no problem to send a SMS to landlines. The phone handles a SMS the same way my cellphone does...

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
You Sir just made my day

But it's true, SMS to landlines is possible, same here in Belgium, BUT: it did clutter Contacts having several Privat/Office Numbers, it always takes you a while to figure out which button to press

It would have been better to have it as a setting. But that has it's own difficulties.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by sygys View Post
As far as I know it's only a option to disable sending sms to landlines. If you want, you can enable this!

I find it very bad. Many people got a old analoge phone. And the SMS is read once by a computer voice instead of sending a SMS to the display of the phone. So when you send it by accident to the landline number instead of the mobile number you could be shure, the receiver wouldn't understand the content of the SMS.

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by blue_led View Post
i found today fremantle-update2
http://repository.maemo.org/stable/fremantle-update2/

is this the update we all been waiting for? is it downloadable?

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
lold

i know its possible in germany, but i have yet to meet someone who actually did so. i dont know how our telephone would behave when i send a sms to it.
i dont want to try too, its not worth the 20 cents to me xD

and now that i think about it... who came up with that idea? who thought sending sms to landline is a good idea? what were they thinking? this truly is insanity...

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever