Notices

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
Actually nevermind...was checking this like: http://www.sygic.com/index.php/en/mo...-overview.html and on there it says that mobile maps 10 has real time traffic function. Now time to wait for the pay day!

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
automatic screen rotation comes in the next version (I'm currently testing it, works VERY well).
fullscreen won't come so soon, because the ovi store requires the programs to have a easy way to change programs. sygic would have to add a button for the dashboard where they have the zoom out buton. that is not that easy because they want to have the same program on all platforms.
the lag issue can be resolved. see my modding sygic thread.

nice review.
Thanks!
How long will it take until the new version will be released ? 1 week, 1 month, 3 months ? Just give me a clue.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
How long will it take until the new version will be released ? 1 week, 1 month, 3 months ? Just give me a clue.
the programmer is currently waiting for approval to upload the version with automatic screen rotate and some bug-fixes to the repository.
They don't know exact dates.
Sygic Mobile Maps 10 will be free of charge for Mobile Maps 9 customers. It will include traffic notifications (internet connection required afaik) and some nice things more.

I will ask if traffic notifications over TMC will be possible.

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California, USA
Does this software require data connection?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by zaedej View Post
Does this software require data connection?
for navigation not.
the N900 has a AGPS function, which means that it looks quickly on a server to get the current positions of the sattelites. that enables a faster fix.
but this can be turned of in the preferences of the N900.

Bought maps 10 yesterday. Unable to download let alone install to my n900. Used 4 attempts to download to PC and 1 direct to N900 (you only get 5 go's and the link cannot be used after that). Can't find the download files on my PC but the file on the N900 is corrupt so can't install that either. Now in the hands of sygic support. Will let you know how I get on.

Originally Posted by stevebeave View Post
Bought maps 10 yesterday. Unable to download let alone install to my n900. Used 4 attempts to download to PC and 1 direct to N900 (you only get 5 go's and the link cannot be used after that). Can't find the download files on my PC but the file on the N900 is corrupt so can't install that either. Now in the hands of sygic support. Will let you know how I get on.
Are you sure, that you bought Sygic for maemo?
Because there is no Mobile Maps 10 for maemo yet...

Was definately for Maemo Nokia N900. Could have been maps9 I am not sure - the webpage is a bit misleading as it starts off with mobilemaps10 and when you click 'Buy Now' you are redirected to another page (http://www.sygic.com/index.php/en/mo...-overview.html). Either way I paid 59.99 euros and can not use it.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Great review -- thanks!

Question: Is it integrated with the UI or other apps on the N900 at all?

I'm specifically wondering about the Contacts app -- if I've already got someone's address entered into their Contact details, does SMM provide an easy way to simply select them from Contacts and plot a route?

Have to agree that it's a bit misleading. It doesn't say that you are actually getting version 9 until after you pay, download, and are installing. That's disappointing. I just purchased it and was a bit let down.

Originally Posted by stevebeave View Post
Was definately for Maemo Nokia N900. Could have been maps9 I am not sure - the webpage is a bit misleading as it starts off with mobilemaps10 and when you click 'Buy Now' you are redirected to another page (http://www.sygic.com/index.php/en/mo...-overview.html). Either way I paid 59.99 euros and can not use it.