I have some bluetooth eqipment from acer that uses 4444

Any updates on bluetooth mouse support from you N900 users?

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Gilbert, AZ, USA
I seem to recall that the very first MS Bluetooth mouse came out before BT HID was really finalized (or something like that), and it basically would only work with the BT usb transceiver that it came with. I think also the BT transceiver did not support pairing with other BT devices.. So it said 'Bluetooth' but basically wasn't compatible with anything else bluetooth. I remember buying it years ago from Best Buy and returning it within a day... (I was looking for a mouse that would work with my laptop's builtin BT transceiver)

Yeah I don't doubt.. as I had trouble getting the mouse to work with my current Mac. Used to work with the '2003 model, maybe at that time their Bluetooth stack included some hacks to make the Microsoft mouse work.

Anyway still trying to borrow a more standard BT mouse but no luck yet. I don't want to buy one

If someone can confirm they got a certain brand and type of mouse to work I guess I could shop around on eBay or somewhere if I find one for cheap.. ?

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Didn't tested yet with the lastest FW, but a improvement here is very unlikely.
Last time I tried the BT mouse only works inside the browser, and only if you activate the cursor (slide your finger from the left border of the screen to the right).

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
VDVsx: Do you mean the mouse doesn't work at all, or the pointer isn't visible? Because they promised us that a mouse should work in Fremantle. But they hide the pointer by default, for obvious reasons.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by qole View Post
VDVsx: Do you mean the mouse doesn't work at all, or the pointer isn't visible? Because they promised us that a mouse should work in Fremantle. But they hide the pointer by default, for obvious reasons.
The mouse connects fine and the device receives and processes the events, but without the pointer you can't see if everything is working ok, but I doubt that this will work inside hildon. Works inside the browser as I explained above.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Because they promised us that a mouse should work in Fremantle.
are you sure thats not a "lost in translation" way of talking about the "mouse mode" in the browser?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
No, a mouse should work on the N900, you just need to make a visible pointer.

See Bug 1897.