Originally Posted by warrentaye View Post
That looks like chemical exposure of some sort.
It looks like a clear coat.

The Following User Says Thank You to ENNINE For This Useful Post:
Why use finger nail on the edge of the usb cover? Why not use the raised bump on the cover to push on?

actually, the picture in the original post is of the sim cover

Last edited by Ynohtna; 2012-03-04 at 03:38.

I got the exact same thing on my N9 within the first week of owning it, in the same locations too. I randomly started picking at the affected spots one day and the clear coating started coming off. If you scratch the loose coating off, you'll be looking directly at the polycarbonate. You'd have to look real close to tell the coating is missing.

Originally Posted by coomac View Post
I got the exact same thing on my N9 within the first week of owning it, in the same locations too. I randomly started picking at the affected spots one day and the clear coating started coming off. If you scratch the loose coating off, you'll be looking directly at the polycarbonate. You'd have to look real close to tell the coating is missing.
There is not supposed to be any coating on the polycarbonate housing. Looks to me you have a fake/3rd party housing made of cheap painted plastic.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Mars
Oh dear where was you n9 made china or Finland?

The Following User Says Thank You to jutley For This Useful Post:
Why white or grey color inside?!!! It supposed to be the same colour of the material. Is it original with warranty?

Mine looks like a deformed bag, since I dropped it so often. Its still black plastic throughout though.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
My ex-N9 had this on the usb cover after a couple of weeks.

But to see this on the body surprises me.

It looks like the black PC got clear coated after all.

Why then they did not put a high quality anti-slippery coating in the first place?
I disliked how slippery the N9 had become after a couple of weeks after the matt effect had worn off, especially when holding it to make pictures.

This phone asks for a custom paint job.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
My ex-N9 had this on the usb cover after a couple of weeks.

But to see this on the body surprises me.

It looks like the black PC got clear coated after all.

Why then they did not put a high quality anti-slippery coating in the first place?
I disliked how slippery the N9 had become after a couple of weeks after the matt effect had worn off, especially when holding it to make pictures.

This phone asks for a custom paint job.
Seems to me there are lots of fake stuff out there, and that include USB/SIM covers. But, each N9 is delivered with a rubber protective case that fits like a glow, gives excellent grip, looks nice and really do protect the device. Why not use it?

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
The black variant of Nokia N9/Lumia 800 has a special colour layer that is why it may peel off.

The „grey spots“ you can see on the pictures is even the special colour layer that has raised.