Posts: 63 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ greece
hello to every1 ,
im a very happy owner (x-owner for now ) of the nokia N900 , i have it since mid/december/2009 .
recently to device broke up ( battery drain without use even while it was powered off ) , tried reflash new battery etc , no good .
so took it to nokia care ( in greece ) , the checked the device for abuse and if it was fallen into water or something , after a day or so they told me they will send it to hungary cause it not water dmg or anything , they think it is the board .

ps: let me say that the hole service thing was/is made by my girlfriend cause im traveling around for buisness. i told her to keep me posted.

after 2 weeks and without having recieved a call or anything a told her to contact them and find out what happend , they told her that Nokia Hungary had send my phone back with the indication that they found nothing is wrong and that the device is fine !
that nokia care ( in greece ) had rechecked it and found the same problem and re-send my device to hungary .. they said i should wait for a week or so .. ok i said to harm done .

after 1 week she recieved a phone call from the service and told her that it would take a while to fix my phone , and if i wanted to exchange it with E7 and that they require me to pay 149 euros for that exchange . so i contacted the nokia care , and explained that im not interested in E7 nor im willing to pay , and if they couldnt fix my device i should get N9 and not E7 , he told me that that was not going to happend ( giving me the N9 ) , he told me i had 2 option either pay and take the E7 or wait 2 days for the N900 to get it fixes .. i told him ill wait .

after 2 days he called my gf again and told her that the device was ready and she could go take it , that they had a small precent for me !! she asked what is the present , they told her we exchanged the N900 for a new E7 !! and you dont have to pay anything !!
she contacted me - i contacted them .. i was quite angry cause they tried to fall her into taking the E7 , i told them that there is NO WAY to take the E7 as a replacment for the N900 .
the service told me that it was the next device with qwerty keyboard , that they dont have N97's or else i could choose between one of them !! ( FFS )
anyway i was very clear that im not gona take a symbian device as a replacement and that the n9 is the next model after the n900 , if they wanted to replace my device they should give that . i also told them that im willing to pay the difference ( i bought my n900 570 euros , and the n9 costs 624 here in greece ) , he told me that i bought it 2 years ago and that now it doesnt cost 570! now it costs round 200-300 euros !
i explained that it is not my problem that they fail to fix my device and that i didnt ask for a replacement they did ..
anyways now they say they are in contact with nokia centrals bout the matter .

the thing is that greek nokia care sucks !
when i try to contact nokia care it redirects me to nokia greece , i dont want to contact them , i want to contact the central nokia care or the service for nokia europe .
if any1 can help me with that !
thy in advance , and sorry for my english .

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Drama, Greece
excuse me for the greek guys

Ενας έλλην στο φόρουμ μας! Απο που το ειχες αγορασει το τηλέφωνο?
Το Ε7 το ανοιξες την συσκευασια? Αν όχι επεστρεψε το στο καταστημα απο οπου το πηρες και απαίτησε για ένα καινούριο n900! Αμα τελικα δεν τα καταφερεις μπορεις να παρεις ενα μεταχειρισμένο n900 για περιπου 200 ευρω, πουλώντας το E7!

ΠΡΈΠΕΙ ΝΑ ΠΙΕΣΕΙΣ ΚΑΤΑΣΤΑΣΕΙΣ ΓΙΑ ΝΑ ΒΓΕΙΣ ΚΕΡΔΙΣΜΕΝΟΣ ΜΕ ΤΗΝ NOKIA ΣΤΗΝ ΕΛΛΑΔΑ ΜΑΣ

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ greece
i havent accepted the replacement with the E7
they still have my N900 and the replacement " nokia " sent .
i'm asking for my N900 to get fixed , if that is not possible they should replace it with N9 and not a symbian crap .