Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

well it looks like my long wait to attempt an OC isn't worth it. I crash within a few minutes of web browsing @ 850mhz.

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Clubberlang View Post
well it looks like my long wait to attempt an OC isn't worth it. I crash within a few minutes of web browsing @ 850mhz.
Are you using lower voltages than the default ones? If yes, try to use default voltages.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Clubberlang View Post
just increase your voltages and it wont crash add maybe 2 to each frequency and try again

Has anyone seen this problem:
I had no problems using SmartReflex with the stock kernel (1.1, 1.1.1 and 1.2), but the minute I enable it with titan's kernel the N900 reboots.
Is this normal? Or do we just not know enough about SmartReflex and I should be happy I can enable it with the stock kernel should I choose to move back to it (it does save a lot of battery...)

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
@omri with pr1.1 smarreflex worked till 750 mhz stabil for weeks with different titan kernels. since pr 1.2 smartreflex crashed device when montor goes to sleep and rebooted. i asked here before if there is somebody has smartreflex working with titan kernel and pr 1.2- no response! so i think smartreflex doesnt work with pr 1.2 and titan kernel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
My highest temp is 52°C for one minute @ 1GHz and ideal settings.
What's your highest temp?
cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp

@jaemo: thanks. I did search but this thread is loooooong...
I hope someone figures this out as I currently get better battery life with stock 1.2 with SmartReflex than from titan with ideal (need to try starving, though not sure what I will get out of that)

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by omri View Post
@jaemo: thanks. I did search but this thread is loooooong...
I hope someone figures this out as I currently get better battery life with stock 1.2 with SmartReflex than from titan with ideal (need to try starving, though not sure what I will get out of that)
I think searching won't tell you how to get SmartReflex to run. There is a link from the Overclocking Wiki especially about power saving.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
i really stayed away from smartreflex since it gave me a re-flash at 3 times i activated it.

@mr. incredibe: my highest is 40°c @1.15GHz since it is a bit cool here. if the sun is up and weather is @22°c, my highest temp is 37 c even at stock.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
made 43°c tonight and on 41°c .seems the temperature part of script not working but battery part is . before was opposite . about to edit config again so fingers crossed !! . will wait until batttery makes 25% to confirm batt. script though as cpu should downscale to 750. made less than 25 now no change so totally baffled again...

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom