Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Update.

Things are progressing slowly but still progressing.
I don't have to much time but spending at least few hours per day to move this project forward.

I've got a text message today that my N900 is ready to collect after almost 1 month of reparation. Bloody hell!.

Currently I'm working on navigation system that needs to be an external application itself. Some of you were argued that don't like the default one and prefer more classic approach. Navigation will be possible to replace by simply selecting different one from application list.

This is crucial part since navigation is deeply integrated with whole system.

Edit mode is partially working so for all of you who has access to it can play around. At the moment is impossible to save the changes being made but this functionality is also dependant of navigation system. Please be patient, I'll keep you updated.

Thanks for all your feedbacks and suggestions!

Dear Folks.

I've got my N900 back today and figured out that trying to access flaemo.com from N900 resulted with black screen. Quickly back to my work station to find out what is the problem. And I founded the reason.

This is pretty bad news I have to say. Basically the way how system is working, Pushing some native flash data to data base as binary code to make it efficient using AMF (Action Message Format). And once again I'm facing incompatibility of AMF3 between flash 9 and 10+. Once when I saving my profile data using flash 9 everything is working fine. But if I'll use same mechanism under flash 10+ then flash 9 is not able to understand what is coming back.

What does it means for end user (flash 9 users in this case)? using your desktop equipped with Flash 10+ doing some changes will make it inaccessible for just one set of devices. Maemo ones. And that will destroy entire concept to make it available from any device!

I have to move forward and make this hard decision. To many difficulties to make it backward compatible for N900. I love this device as much as maemo OS concept. Flaemo was natural progression for me and maemo was its inspiration for sure. Flaemo was a maemo flash baby so to speak. I have serious plans to make this project fully functioning and a lot of ideas to make it more attractive. Equivalent of dropbox will be here, And when Flaemo goes open beta will be hosted on Amazon cloud to make it perform perfect. New molehill 3D GPU API is coming to flash and will change a lot. A lot of games and 3D stuff as well as 2D content will take advantage of this and I'm the one who is especially interesting in this area.

It is hard decision since I really love this community. Even if full of trolls and flash haters, It was full of intelligent and skilled people. Even if I disagreed to some of you opinions I always was full of respect. This community only, no Nokia made me love this device. And that's why my heart is bleeding not seeing flash 10.1 coming on N900. Big shame.

I know, that many of you are not giving a s*** about flash but is not about technology of your choice. But there is much more and at the end of the day quality and accessibility of content is what really matter.

Because I don't want to create internal topic here for not relevant subject and make anti-flash camp more relaxed I'm officially saying good bye maemo. Looking for new device flash 10.1 capable and if you would like to follow this project feel free. I'm always open for maemo.org people.

Here is an email if you like to send me request for beta account in order to follow the progress. I am sure nobody will stick to N900 for next 5 years but flaemo will be there And I'm pretty sure more flash enabled devices to choice as well.

Please use maemo.org as reference I'll put you under privileged group for sure.

All the Best to you all.

Last edited by devu; 2011-02-05 at 23:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to devu For This Useful Post:
Just to confirm my predictions.

I was playing with new flash 11 beta release for a while. Everybody is talking about 3D. But Molehill is giving me huge amount of hope for smooth no processor hog 2D content as well.

Definitely Flaemo project is skipping flash 10 and going straight to flash 11 fully GPU accelerated version.

It's so powerful and... yea just take a look. It's quite hot stuff!

http://www.bytearray.org/?p=2810#comments

Hi Maemo people. I am leaving a note here just in case if there is some Flash devs floating around and interesting in this project. I've decided to start over with small stages and make some contribution to make Flaemo framework at first place before final project will arrive. Due to limited time I'm calling all of you who would like to join the team to keep this development going.

Because of that I've started a blog, no longer bother other Maemo users about this flashy things It was a great time with this community I had over past year. Greetings!

Tags
change the name, flaemo, flash, flash! aaa-aahh, please!