Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
This is awsome work. Keep it up. This is good for other people who don't have n900.. good job!

The Following User Says Thank You to chase15 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Hi guys. Feedback request

Check the test version please. I have implemented small panel to help you send all details I need to improve Device Manager class. Only thing you need to do is enter PC/MAC or mobile device name. The rest application will do for you. That's very helpful data for me to adjust setting and prepare proper architecture.

Also I'm working on Account Request Shortcut if you up to.
Why now? I am receiving many helpful info from you and thanks for all that. But this is no more no less but Close Beta
I've decided to make this service invite only for now. That small app will be ready at the end of day. Server architecture is ready to create multiple account and let you have own config, but for now app itself doesn't do anything actually, no worries I am working on it!

Pop-ups are implemented as well as most part of the final architecture. Initial file required to run whole thing has 31kb now (Show me html page like that ) , which is quite important for mobile devices especially when you using 3GP network.

Here is an example of working Theme System. This version already recognize /themetest/ as useraccount and loading external config file

And at least... Deep Linking support! This is not often for flash-based projects but very useful I guess.

When all this thing will be ready then I'll start working on some user interaction with system and next some useful apps inside. I am open to change my mind about priorities.

And by the way, I've being stupid wit this 2008. I am new to Maemo community I didn't realized you talking about OS2008! But that's why I need this feedback to make it available on as many devices as possible.

Can't wait for feedback's.Thanks for your support!

Last edited by devu; 2011-01-25 at 22:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devu For This Useful Post:
Thanks for testing. I've got tones of specifications even some of them showing that you running Windows 7 on N900. Did I missed something?

I have enough data to cover up most of configurations, so sad that there is no many different devices than N900. But I've got data from N95 and N97 under Skyfire which is good.

So... as small reward under test link there is small YouTube Powered widget to play "Video of the Day" on your Flaemo desktop. And I like today's Faithless New Single by the way. I will improve this widget yet but because today is my Birthday I am taking day offff .

Architecture of Flaemo is ready and loading all stuff from external resources. That's how Flayer works already. From this point I will try to add more useful stuff there for you, but I think the first app will be small vote app to ask you about what features you wish to see first.

Thanks a lot for all the feedbacks once again!

Last edited by devu; 2011-01-26 at 23:24.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The video was great, whole concept is impressive.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Not to be a nit-picker, but good spelling always looks good.

On the greeting, it says "Meamo-like."

Not quite sure if that has to do with copyright laws or just a typo.

Cheers.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

The Following User Says Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
can anyone send me a invite 4 flaemo?!

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Originally Posted by xomm View Post
On the greeting, it says "Meamo-like."
Devu, I think you want to switch the "a" and the "e".

The Following User Says Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
It's an interesting idea. Some observations and questions, devu.

You mention that this is for the N900, and someone asked about older devices. But if I understand correctly, what you're doing is cross platform. I'm accessing the Flaemo site on my N810 and I can access it on my desktop. I'm guessing that everything you do will work for older Internet Tablets as long as:

1. Everything you do runs in Flash 9. We've been told we're not getting Flash 10.
2. Demands on the processor aren't too great. Flaemo runs smoothly on my N810, but most Flash games do not, even on low quality mode. We would probably want to be able to turn off desktop effects, for example.
3. You're not doing something specific to N900 hardware. For example, pre-N900 devices don't have cellular capability.

Questions:
Q1. Will your stuff run offline, or will it require an Internet connection?
Q2. Similar -- will it run off a web site or be downloaded to run locally?
Q3. How will you attract developers? I'm guessing that Flash developers are used to a certain business model: using their Flash app to attract people to a site with ads. But it sounds like you're doing something quite different -- using Flash as a development platform for various mobile devices. Will Flash developers catch the vision?

Hi buurmas and thanks for interesting questions.

Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
It's an interesting idea. Some observations and questions, devu.

You mention that this is for the N900, and someone asked about older devices. But if I understand correctly, what you're doing is cross platform. I'm accessing the Flaemo site on my N810 and I can access it on my desktop. I'm guessing that everything you do will work for older Internet Tablets as long as:

1. Everything you do runs in Flash 9. We've been told we're not getting Flash 10.
Yes, unfortunately that's true, however I am thinking about this that way, If I am able to develop some stuff using 10.1 RC right now, installed this on my 7 years old PC without any support of GPU and mobile features and it's working. As soon as debian/symbian version will be ready why not to install it on older machines? Even if you cannot use power of new Flash you can notice significant improvements anyway. For example I see about 10% less memory consumption. And that way you can install Air hopefully. But this is just my theory and I am not sure about backward compatibility of new distribution in terms of 0S.

2. Demands on the processor aren't too great. Flaemo runs smoothly on my N810, but most Flash games do not, even on low quality mode. We would probably want to be able to turn off desktop effects, for example.
Don't worry . When you will launch any application will open in new window and turn off everything except menu bar to save resources. I am also planing to have second mode to launch app directly without need to go via Desktop. The architecture is ready to do so. For example via link like this flaemo.com/#/user/1/app/1

3. You're not doing something specific to N900 hardware. For example, pre-N900 devices don't have cellular capability.
Not for now, all you need is internet connection however even if I will, Device Manager Class will manage which functionality can be run on your device. This way will show you apps only good for your device.

Questions:
Q1. Will your stuff run offline, or will it require an Internet connection?
Q2. Similar -- will it run off a web site or be downloaded to run locally?
Only Air is an good option to recompile flash app for desktop app
Otherwise internet connection is required. More complikated way is to create SWF-2-EXE tool. And I have experience with Zinc. Hovever never on Linux platform. Maybe some developers here could help. I've seen KMPlayer able to play swf file and looks like some good option. I'll have a look.

The good thing about flash in this case is, once you accessed some application and this app doesn't need internet connection itself, for example small game but without saving top scores on the server. You can play unplugged.

Q3. How will you attract developers? I'm guessing that Flash developers are used to a certain business model: using their Flash app to attract people to a site with ads. But it sounds like you're doing something quite different -- using Flash as a development platform for various mobile devices. Will Flash developers catch the vision?
For now there is no many Flash developers that know about it. I need to create Flaemo from scratch and provide some API. Set of libraries and tools that will help others develop something for Flaemo. I will never let some rubbish app comes to Flaemo. It must go through quality check in terms of usability and performance. 90% Flash productions are badly done, without any optimization techniques. But also porting some game for mobile required quite different approach. You have no idea how many tips and trick I had to use here .

One example: When I was looking for solution how to slide screen as smooth as possible one of the idea was to use some tile engine api. There is tones of platform games in Flash using that. Works great on desktop but for n900 it was rubbish solution, because of memory consumption. So each task has specific needs.

Anyway, if I'll be ready for sure will spread the news around Flash developers community.

Last edited by devu; 2010-04-18 at 05:20.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ The South Pole O.o
this is what maemo.org should look like

The Following User Says Thank You to m2cm2c For This Useful Post:

Tags
change the name, flaemo, flash, flash! aaa-aahh, please!