Active Topics

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Coventry, UK
Hi all,

My root file system has become corrupt I think. I have directories which I can't "cd" into or delete. Is there a way of not just reflashing (which I have done) but to completely format the device back to an out of the box state?

Thanks and regards

Akira

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
What folders have you tried this with? and did you try with root privileges?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by akirayuki View Post
Hi all,

My root file system has become corrupt I think. I have directories which I can't "cd" into or delete. Is there a way of not just reflashing (which I have done) but to completely format the device back to an out of the box state?
Have you reflashed both the eMMC and the firmware? That should reset everything to the out-of-the-box state (minus some of the pre-supplied ringtones & maps).

well I discovered this while trying to install nbench. I have the nbench directory in etc/opt but can't cd into it or delete it. I have tried with sudo gainroot. What is also odd is that when I cd to /etc/opt it takes me to /etc/opt, but if I cd /etc then cd opt it takes me to /home/opt. not sure why this is happening.

Akira

Hmmm, I believe I only flashed the firmware. I used the command "flasher-3.5 -F <fw file> -f -R". That, and the kernel flash are the only flashes I have done. I'm assuming there will be a guide somewhere on here to flash eMMC. I'll have a search.

Thanks,

Akira

Tags
flash, format, partition