Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Wow.

I was screaming from month, even looking for way how to compile stuff from as3 to c++ and port yo ARM platform. Many developers here blamed on me and here we go

By the way nobody told you that flash is evil and you shouldn't to do that

I have couple of questions. Games is one thing what about apps?
Is any sandbox or security restrictions if flash need's to communicate with external server? Or game needs to send game scores?

Good job man!

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
A little autobuilder/dependency issue, working on it (builds fine on my scratchbox), I don’t use any Qt4.6 specifics, so PR1.1 *should* work once we figure out the magic ’depends’ line. PR1.2 apparently has a little bug with the scrolling (not present with PR1.1).

@tuminoud: there is already code in there that would allow a ’master’ database(s) and a ’local’ one, so that the updates do not overwrite your local changes (plus you could override the settings in the master conf). It’s just that it’s not quite user-ready so wil be enabled in one of the next updates.

@devu: sure, apps are more than welcome, too, it’s just that I have not seen that many of them (compared to games ). There is browser-like sandboxing, to the Flash app the whole thing looks like it is being run from a webkit or gecko browser.

As for supporting separately distributed flash content, I’m generally okay with that, my biggest concern for that case is licensing. Such content would have to have approval from the copyright holder/author and (most likely) go to the non-free (=free beer sense) repo. Flashlauncher keeps clear of copyright issues by just referencing html and URLs (technically it’s a very specific kind of browser).

Last edited by attila77; 2010-05-10 at 07:40.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Looks great!

1) Would this work for Diablo?, and
2) It would be REALLY nice to be able to maintain the db of flash games locally. Not everyone has the same taste in games
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Awesome! Gunna download it right now !

Edit:
I cant find it under FlashLauncher ?

Last edited by gilamonyet; 2010-05-10 at 08:47.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Let the "Build-depends" be libqt4-maemo5-dev then if you're using qmake make it execute /opt/qt4-maemo5/bin/qmake instead of just "qmake"
That should solve the 1.2/1.1.1 issues.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Looks great!

1) Would this work for Diablo?, and
2) It would be REALLY nice to be able to maintain the db of flash games locally. Not everyone has the same taste in games
1) Generally, yes. The UI is a bit fremantleish, so that might require some work, but most of the concept is transferable to Diablo (if the flash on Diablo is actually able to play the thing).
2) See above, this feature already exists, but is not stable yet, so not enabled. Coming soon

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Let the "Build-depends" be libqt4-maemo5-dev then if you're using qmake make it execute /opt/qt4-maemo5/bin/qmake instead of just "qmake"
That should solve the 1.2/1.1.1 issues.
No, the actual solution is to force it to >= depend on the PR1.0 version of Qt, that way it will work for every firmware version.

Originally Posted by gilamonyet View Post
I cant find it under FlashLauncher ?
It’s in extras-devel, under the name flashlauncher...

So any sort of ETA till this'll work? Very keen to try it out =D

Posts: 188 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
As for supporting separately distributed flash content, I’m generally okay with that, my biggest concern for that case is licensing. Such content would have to have approval from the copyright holder/author and (most likely) go to the non-free (=free beer sense) repo. Flashlauncher keeps clear of copyright issues by just referencing html and URLs (technically it’s a very specific kind of browser).
Yes I'm aware of the FlashLauncher's idea and possible copyright things. A web browser is not responsible if one plays illegal flash games, nor is FlashLauncher responsible, if a 3rd party installs a binary flash + a conf file to make it run via FlashLauncher. One could also "install" flash games by just installing a tiny deb with just proper conf which would point to some flash in the net, so technically it'd work exactly its working now, except it'd be easy to add content for 3rd party.

cell-modem-ui: home | packages - status: 0.5.1-1 in Extras
nowplayingd: home | packages - status: 0.1-2 in extras-devel
custom-pwkmenu: home - no packages yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuminoid For This Useful Post:
This is a great idea

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
No, the actual solution is to force it to >= depend on the PR1.0 version of Qt, that way it will work for every firmware version.
I was thinking Qt 4.6 (libqt4-maemo-*), but it seems that you don't need that

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2010-05-10 at 10:41.

Tags
flash, games, launcher, webkit