Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Really good idea +1
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Okay people, I upped a version for Diablo. It has some UI issues (as predicted), but DOES work. The horsepower difference (compared to the N900) really shows, though.

Still fighting with the Fremantle extras-devel version, I expect an actually installable and working release soonish (definitely is doable, no need for PR1.2).

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
What about these games from Newgrounds.com?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sN44IcS24s

I have just installed the current version from extras-devel for my N900 and it doesn't start. When I try to start it from the shell I get a "Segmentation fault" error and when I try to start it with strace it ends with "killed by SIGSEGV" "(@ 0 (0)").

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Still fighting with the Fremantle extras-devel version, I expect an actually installable and working release soonish (definitely is doable, no need for PR1.2).
Awesome, totally keen for this. Wanna try it with Robot Unicorn Attack, as it runs 3/4 speed in the browser :P

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
@Andy214:
Fine by me. As said, I do the groundwork and I expect the community to provide the content I'll make a wiki page, but even without that I think the config file is fairly self-explanatory.

@DaSilva: still links the wrong libs - the dependencies are correct now, though (that's why you can install but not run). Don't worry, I'll post here as soon as it's functional. Trouble is I can't test on my scratchbox so you will see in extras-devel every attempt.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Please do not get mad at me when I ask this: What is the difference with this and using file manager to launch the app? I have been using file manager to launch Flash games since the N900 was released and have 253 Flash games on my microsd card.

What are the advantages launching from this app and file manager? I am hoping less overhead, perhaps? That alone would be good

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-05-10 at 12:08.

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
What are the advantages launching from this app and file manager? I am hoping less overhead, perhaps? That alone would be good
From what I understand, less overhead.. and no more sliding and using the highlight pointer to click anything.

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Please do not get mad at me when I ask this: What is the difference with this and using file manager to launch the app? I have been using file manager to launch Flash games since the N900 was released and have 253 Flash games on my microsd card.

Any change you could share your flash game collection? on rapidshare.com or something.. Would be gratefull

I open the application and after couple of secs loading it crashes.

Tags
flash, games, launcher, webkit