Active Topics

Thanks for preenv developers for bringing High Quality Games to our N900.

As Webos 2 includes Flash 10.1 and webos 2 image is available from http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre2/...p103ueu-wr.jar

Any developer ready for a port?

BUT the question is IS IT POSSIBLE?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
It will be possible if the Browser of WebOS is Mozilla powered

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
I've looked into this, and unfortunately according to ldd the plugin seems to be linked against a library called libFlashGraphics.so (recalling from memory) which is what heavily ties libflashplayer.so into WebOS's WebKit luna subsystem (closed libraries/apis) and is needed to display the flash content in the browser, so my assumption is that libflashplayer.so in WebOS is only processing the flash data, while libFlashGraphics.so is being used to actually display flash content from within WebOS's browser.

So i'm assuming that your best bet to getting WebOS's flash plugin working is to reverse engineer libFlasgGraphics.so to work with X11(WebOS uses DirectFB) and Microb.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Last edited by b-man; 2010-11-08 at 00:21.

use tweak flash for pr1.3 till nokia remember theres a phone with its name + n900 beside it,,i guess that some guy at nokia was bored and not too good to work on the n8 felt like what the hell lets make pr1.3

i think when it comes to update driver support/updates,often unbranded hardware made in china/Taiwan seem to often offer better support then hardware made by western companies who seem to take customers for granted by thinking they can sell the hardware and never bother to provide the updates customers need, i have this happen a few times with expensive branded hardware and in the end having to go and buy an unbranded item only to find it does what the branded item never was able to do....

we can only hope Nokia will not let us down in the same away with the new flash 10.1 support

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by crash16 View Post
BUT the question is IS IT POSSIBLE?
And if it is, would it be legal...

How about getting in contact with Adobe to find a solution for our problem? I doubt they would give out the source for money, but if we could convince them to port it to maemo... depending on asking price of course.

What about the Linux version? I guess it can't be done otherwise it would be, right?

Tags
flash, webos