Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
I don't think any version of flash supports GPU acceleration except the x86 windows version
Mac OS X gained GPU accelerated H.264 playback in Flash Player 10.1 a few months ago. With Mac OS X 10.6.3, Apple added an API Adobe needed for the task.

Flash Player is also GPU accelerated on Linux x86, but there are a number of limitations there. Compiz, for instance, is a blocker.

In general, “What does GPU acceleration mean?” is a good read.

Originally Posted by kaourantin.net
Just because the Flash Player is using the video card for rendering does not mean it will be faster. In the majority of cases your content will become slower.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
To be sure, the real world performance of flash 10.1 on my windows PC leaves much to be desired...

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
To be sure, the real world performance of flash 10.1 on my windows PC leaves much to be desired...
What PC do you have Cowboy From Hell?

Even my crappy HP desktop PC at work has no problems sometimes with 10+ tabs open with youtube / todaysbigthing / funnyordie etc etc

And this is while I am working with Photoshop and other softwares running converting audio and video files in the background.

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
i am eagerly waiting to see the results

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
guys please share with us the flash 10.1 quality/speed/.... and how is youtube ?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
can someone PM me the file please
(and everyone else on the planet with a n900!)
Apart from encouraging piracy (which is not permitted anywhere on maemo.org); why do you think you want it?

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Please do not use this site to distribute, link to, or coordinate the distribution of materials for which you have no legal permission to share.

Regardless of your personal position on "piracy", copyright law, EULAs, etc., please consider:
  1. the impact of distributing TI's software here while the Council is actively trying to negotiate with them a legal download for all N900 owners
  2. what would likely happen to maemo.org and the resources it provides should a lawsuit be brought against it

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Apart from encouraging piracy (which is not permitted anywhere on maemo.org); why do you think you want it?
*sigh* ain't it obvious? What else.. but to play flash on any websites of course? Who would want an outdated software if you know there is a newer one on the wild? Yeah it's slow since it has no acceleration but... slow is better than nothing.

Edit:
Nice to hear the council is trying their best bringing this to us

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
*sigh* ain't it obvious? What else.. but to play flash on any websites of course? Who would want an outdated software if you know there is a newer one on the wild? Yeah it's slow since it has no acceleration but... slow is better than nothing.
But you don't have nothing. You have an optimised, tested, QAed build of Flash 9. There are hacks around to change the version reported to websites if they incorrectly assert they need Flash 10 or above.

Are there really websites out there which truly require Flash 10.1 and aren't so heavy that using them on a 256MB ARM device is in the realms of fantasy?

Nice to hear the council is trying their best bringing this to us
I wouldn't get your hopes up, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
To answer your question, Jaffa, Google Street View is a useful service which requests flash 10. It works also with javascript but not on Microb any more.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:

Tags
flash, flash 10.1, n900 a8, use search