Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
ajalkane - quick question.
Which mod do you make use of in turning off/making black the standby screen?

After I played with it in the program a while back the system default seems to have been turned off and I only got it back by making the default rule with the screen on. Not a huge deal but when restarting it's not there until ProfileMatic gets going - just a small irritant I'd like to sort out sometime
I'm just modifying the gconf value. So it should be the same as modifying Settings -> Display -> Stand-by screen.

Perhaps I didn't understand what the problem is?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
I have automated my account availability, but sometimes some accounts get stuck in "connecting" state. This has happened several times with Skype and a couple of times with Gtalk. The Skype issue was solved by killing all skyhost processes, but with Gtalk I had to reboot the phone. I haven't had such problems before, so I assume it could have something to do with Profilematic.

Edit: Rules

1. Wlans rule: sets Skype and Gtalk online, when connected to a known wlan.
2. Default rule: sets Skype and Gtalk offline

Btw. I would still like to have an ability to do actions based on data connection type (e.g. packet data / wlan or even gprs/edge/3g/hspa/wlan). An ability to select several wlans at once from saved access points would be nice too.

Last edited by Jare; 2012-04-16 at 12:17.

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I'm just modifying the gconf value. So it should be the same as modifying Settings -> Display -> Stand-by screen.

Perhaps I didn't understand what the problem is?
No worries - looks like I'm just being dim!

The Following User Says Thank You to WhitP For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jare View Post
I have automated my account availability, but sometimes some accounts get stuck in "connecting" state. This has happened several times with Skype and a couple of times with Gtalk. The Skype issue was solved by killing all skyhost processes, but with Gtalk I had to reboot the phone. I haven't had such problems before, so I assume it could have something to do with Profilematic.
It could. I think I've experienced such state also occasionally (I use only gtalk).

Edit: Rules

1. Wlans rule: sets Skype and Gtalk online, when connected to a known wlan.
2. Default rule: sets Skype and Gtalk offline
I have a suspicion the problem might have something to do with the connection being in middle of changing when availability is tried to be changed. For example, if availability is changed while transitioning from WLAN to 3G, maybe Harmattan bugs out.

It might be worth to try checking that connection is available before setting availability. How often does the problem occur to you? I mean, if I would build a beta version could you try it and see if it fixes the problem.

Btw. I would still like to have an ability to do actions based on data connection type (e.g. packet data / wlan or even gprs/edge/3g/hspa/wlan). An ability to select several wlans at once from saved access points would be nice too.
Those are planned, but I'm not sure for what version. I think I can squeeze data connection type to version 1.7. Selection of wlans I'll probably do at the same time as scanning for near-by wlans condition.

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I have a suspicion the problem might have something to do with the connection being in middle of changing when availability is tried to be changed. For example, if availability is changed while transitioning from WLAN to 3G, maybe Harmattan bugs out.

It might be worth to try checking that connection is available before setting availability. How often does the problem occur to you? I mean, if I would build a beta version could you try it and see if it fixes the problem.
I only set up the rules last week, but it has occurred several times since that. So quite often, I would say.

Those are planned, but I'm not sure for what version. I think I can squeeze data connection type to version 1.7. Selection of wlans I'll probably do at the same time as scanning for near-by wlans condition.
Ok, great.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
I had this too yesterday. Thought it was something to do with googles servers, but as you stated reboot fixed it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petteri For This Useful Post:
Even I had this probelm with gtalk. I thought it is something to do with gtalk

The Following User Says Thank You to achilles333 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
hi
Please, Can you adding option for deactivating specific rule one by one? Not only all rules together..
Thanks

I only set up the rules last week, but it has occurred several times since that. So quite often, I would say.
Could you test if the problem happens with this version:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profi...eta3_armel.deb

I've put there a check if there is a net connection available, and if not it waits until connection is made before doing availability change.

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
hi
Please, Can you adding option for deactivating specific rule one by one? Not only all rules together..
Thanks
It's on my TODO list but I'm not sure what version it'll arrive in.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: