Active Topics

I have bought this cable: Ebay.co.uk

The MicroUSB is Broken.

Could I possibly Flash the device using this cable somehow?
(I am not able to solder the MicroUSB of the N900 or use this method: Maemo.org Forums like this guy....)

Thanks in Advance....

Not by a way that is known to anyone. If you succeed, give us a sign
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
That's not the correct flashing jig.

The one used at Maemo Summit 2009 to flash a metric crapload of N900s is the official service tool which looks like this.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Hey u can use mxkey also hwk (clones??) turbo and infinity does the job quite well.
I have flashed many with mxkey via fbus cable later ones work as said but didnt try em personaly ...in a hurry will update after i get down from dis crapy crowded bus.

Could you please post here how you did it?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Hey u can use mxkey also hwk (clones??) turbo and infinity does the job quite well.
I have flashed many with mxkey via fbus cable later ones work as said but didnt try em personaly ...in a hurry will update after i get down from dis crapy crowded bus.

Ofcourse u can do that easily all u require is hti box (app mxkey)
start it then go to nokia tool then bb5 select model load frimware manually by clicking or they appear automatically if directrys are set up. Click flash
i think u dont have mxkey ri8 then u need to find one to go the easy way.
If u have good soldering skills i recommend u not to bother with the avove just connect rx tx gnd with battery(needs to be removed connected for flashing to start and do press power button also use a charger if u fail) i have flashed in this manner via mxkey via a usb cable as i find it more reliable then the fbus which seems to be broken in my later cases.

Take help from estel for the maemo flasher tutorial as i havent used that . Also if it needs something extra just incase

And i should say why moan with a broken usb?? Thats pretty easy to repair and in case it tore the board layouts its a bit techarious to make jumpers. To fix usb we have a state of the art thread on it search for idea to create a new connection ...rest i forgot its some pages back i think.
It has crystal clear pinouts.

Do reply where u r struck.

And i should say why moan with a broken usb?? Thats pretty easy to repair and in case it tore the board layouts its a bit techarious to make jumpers. To fix usb we have a state of the art thread on it search for idea to create a new connection ...rest i forgot its some pages back i think.
It has crystal clear pinouts.

Do reply where u r struck.

Hey wats up??

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Hey wats up??
I will try to flash it with MXKeys probably.....

Thanks for your Help! I will post here if I succeeded!

Tags
flash, mt-box, mxkey