Active Topics

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Originally Posted by Lucianonicolas View Post
The 30.2012 is the latest version released for the product code on the n9 - Personal Argentina -. There aren't 40.2013 "Personal Argentina". And again, the problem is the "tune2fs" to be "downgrade as you say, the error would be different in the "flasher.

Thank you very much for commenting!
Yes he's right if it was a downgrade error then it would say downgrade disallowed.

Perhaps try to redownload your images? It's happened before where an image is corrupted and doesn't flash correctly. Redownload your firmware files and try the entire process again

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Córdoba, Argentina
Hi Nicolas! Did you go to www.taringa.net/comunidades/nokiaN9

Maby you can find a solution there!

Nicolas tal vez alguien en Taringa sepa como actualizar a PR1.3 teniendo Personal! Espero te sea de ayuda!

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Turkey
The 30.2012 is the latest version released for the product code on the n9 - Personal Argentina -. There aren't 40.2013 "Personal Argentina". And again, the problem is the "tune2fs" to be "downgrade as you say, the error would be different in the "flasher.

Thank you very much for commenting!
40.2012.21.3 N9 RM-696 Country Variant Argentina

Lets try this way, go to this site,then click up there Nokia Firmware,then from the list find Nokia N9 RM-696,from the list of firmwares for N9 find the latest version (which is for now 40.2012.),there will be a list of firmwares for each product code and country variant, find the country variant for argentina, download it and try with this firmware flash your N9. I prefer to do this commands:
Code:
flasher -f -F firmware.bin --erase-user-data=secure
flasher -f -F firmware.bin -F emmc.bin --flash-only=mmc
if no result ( long outputs with pic ) then go here, there will be a list of all N9 product code lists, as I see there are three product codes for Argentina, so download one by one these firmwares and try with the commands up there. longest but easest way to check which one and i hope that your issue tune2fs will be fixed, because this is the problem of rootfs,and if there is problem with flashing rootfs on N9 that mean the issue on firmware or in hardware (flash memory),so we will check with all suitable firmwares for your N9, and if again such errors,then i'm sure that this is the hardware issue(in much times"Tune2fs" error mean bad flash ic block / bad soldered flash ic.),but i think u'll fix it do not forget to flash with these commands up there and also do not forget to download emmc.bin with each downloaded firmware.bin. check it and lets us know. i had such issues and i just telling here thouse things which i did in my practice good lucks.

Also lookup here

for read: useful thread about N9 EMMC

Last edited by TonyUkuk; 2014-03-30 at 10:49.

Originally Posted by TonyUkuk View Post
40.2012.21.3 N9 RM-696 Country Variant Argentina

Lets try this way, go to this site,then click up there Nokia Firmware,then from the list find Nokia N9 RM-696,from the list of firmwares for N9 find the latest version (which is for now 40.2012.),there will be a list of firmwares for each product code and country variant, find the country variant for argentina, download it and try with this firmware flash your N9. I prefer to do this commands:
Code:
flasher -f -F firmware.bin --erase-user-data=secure
flasher -f -F firmware.bin -F emmc.bin --flash-only=mmc
if no result ( long outputs with pic ) then go here, there will be a list of all N9 product code lists, as I see there are three product codes for Argentina, so download one by one these firmwares and try with the commands up there. longest but easest way to check which one and i hope that your issue tune2fs will be fixed, because this is the problem of rootfs,and if there is problem with flashing rootfs on N9 that mean the issue on firmware or in hardware (flash memory),so we will check with all suitable firmwares for your N9, and if again such errors,then i'm sure that this is the hardware issue(in much times"Tune2fs" error mean bad flash ic block / bad soldered flash ic.),but i think u'll fix it do not forget to flash with these commands up there and also do not forget to download emmc.bin with each downloaded firmware.bin. check it and lets us know. i had such issues and i just telling here thouse things which i did in my practice good lucks.

Also lookup here http://www.mundomeego.com/wp-content...tina_black.png

for read: useful thread about N9 EMMC
I tried and nothing. In case of hardware, I can resolder? Be solved?

Originally Posted by fermolnar View Post
Hi Nicolas! Did you go to www.taringa.net/comunidades/nokiaN9

Maby you can find a solution there!

Nicolas tal vez alguien en Taringa sepa como actualizar a PR1.3 teniendo Personal! Espero te sea de ayuda!
Soy parte de la comunidad y he creado diversos temas sobre mi problema y nada, he hablado con quizás quienes mas saben dentro de la comunidad, y tampoco han sabido como solucionar dicho problema. Muchas gracias !

i have the same problem with my dad's N9. He had been using it normally until couple months ago when he switched. The phone was sitting in its box and had completely discharged. I tried to charge it via flasher. Battery is now pretty much charged. Phone didn't want to boot nor flash. It gives the same tune2fs error as the guy asking here also. Can't be hardware when it was working perfectly fine.

I tried and nothing. In case of hardware, I can resolder? Be solved?
tried with all three variants?

I dont know can you do the soldering, but it's very attentive work and dangerous, because the flash memory chip located on main processcor chip, they are some cohesive, to unsolder then resolder with new one of memory chip you must have some experience in such works, other wise take N9 to Nokia Care if you have warranty or take it mobile-electronic service (or something like that), they will do it (or just buy new motherboard for N9,this is some expensive way but easyest).

Originally Posted by patlak View Post
i have the same problem with my dad's N9. He had been using it normally until couple months ago when he switched. The phone was sitting in its box and had completely discharged. I tried to charge it via flasher. Battery is now pretty much charged. Phone didn't want to boot nor flash. It gives the same tune2fs error as the guy asking here also. Can't be hardware when it was working perfectly fine.
hi. did you flashed this N9 once? if yes,then you must know the right product code, then download the latest version of firmware for this product code, try to flash - if tune2fs then hardware issue more likely. in much times"Tune2fs" error mean bad flash ic block / bad soldered flash ic

Originally Posted by TonyUkuk View Post
hi. did you flashed this N9 once? if yes,then you must know the right product code, then download the latest version of firmware for this product code, try to flash - if tune2fs then hardware issue more likely. in much times"Tune2fs" error mean bad flash ic block / bad soldered flash ic
Nope, never flashed. It was OTA updated to latest PR. First time I tried flashing it after the battery discharge for my dad. It never had issues before. Funny thing is, sometimes it shows the error, sometimes it doesn't. The time it doesn't, rootfs flashing is just stuck at 0% and 32768kb transferred. Same when I try flashing the eMMC image, stuck at the same 32768kb. How would the flash chip get damaged from an empty battery?

Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Nope, never flashed. It was OTA updated to latest PR. First time I tried flashing it after the battery discharge for my dad. It never had issues before. Funny thing is, sometimes it shows the error, sometimes it doesn't. The time it doesn't, rootfs flashing is just stuck at 0% and 32768kb transferred. Same when I try flashing the eMMC image, stuck at the same 32768kb. How would the flash chip get damaged from an empty battery?
no ideas how and donna know in 100% that its hardware issue (but in must cases it is), because of that we dont know for a fact that what is the product code of yours N9 - this is very important, because i witnes many times when N9 died after some attempts to flash it with uncorrect product code firmware. Also there was such situation, because of that battery was down there was some short inside of mainboard and flash memory corrupted, there are too many ways and reasons. and i'm not persist that its 100% hardware issue,that it cannot be fixed. May be if we know the right product code,then with it can be fixed. There is a nice program Phoenix, with this it can be read\flashed in by dead mode, so it can be finded the product code in dead mode,must try like that example.

Also did you tried to flash with cleaning commands? like erasing

Last edited by TonyUkuk; 2014-03-30 at 22:42.

Tags
flash, partition, problem, space, tune2fs