Hi guys ... So I made the jump to PR 1.3 and just installed a freshly downloaded copy of Ovi Suite 2.2 (or 2.3, whichever is the latest) ... The problem is the program is unable to sync anything with the N900 ... The syncing process starts but it just indefinitely remains at 0% .. I've tried contacts and messages, and this is true for both of these .. I've waited for upto 10 minutes or so, and the process remains at 0% .. I'm using Windows 7 64bit for those wondering ..

Any clues ?

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
NOTE: make sure that your windows update is turned on. This will automatically download driver files for your N900.

Try to get the latest version of Ovi Suite. Just click the software update icon parallel to home, contacts, messages, etc..

Try to reconnect the USB if you already have these..

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK, England
Your a windows 7 user too. Have you tried running as an Administrator. Also if you have 200+ plus contacts (Don't for get about avatars. E-Mails other numbers will decrease the speed too) also more that 1000 texts Inbound and out. The it will take a while for windows to prepare the transfer. & trust me 1000+ texts in and out is not a lot at all to build up. Give it a bit longer. And have you connected it to a USB 2.0 Port. Just incase you plug your phone in the front of your machine / if it's a laptop try the USB nearest to the power supply.

Let me know how you get on.

I'm having a different issue, Ovi Suite still tells me "messaging is not supported with this device". If I try to sync anyway, it gives me the error "reconnect the usb cable or connect via bluetooth"
Connecting via bluetooth results in the same error, as does reconnecting cable, restarting computer, reinstalling ovi, reflashing n900.
Fed up with Ovi Suite atm...

EDIT: Contacts works fine, just messages

guys I used to back up and sync my data with OVI suite when I had PR1.2.
Now after I upgraded to PR1.3, i cannot sync or even back up anymore using the cable, but the wierd thing i can only sync with N900 connected to ovi suite through bluetooth

this PR1.3 is really a disappointment and full of bugs