Active Topics

newsbot | Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2005
 After a few hours since Marcelo Oliveria (aka handful) of the Mameo-Doom porting team, has released another Doom video!"It’s not that easy to get used to pen gaming, but in doom I think it’s almost as good as it can be. You can type on the screen to open doors, you have all major functions on...
Read the full article.

Wow. I never got around to seeing the first video, but I did view this. My jaw dropped and bounced. What *really* excited me was the contrast of that screen. The video captured it *perfectly*. As I said in my jk report, it's the best screen I've seen on a handheld. Roger Sperberg should go watch this video -- David Rothman too -- and they'll become even more excited about the prospects for ebooks on the 770!

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
What *really* excited me was the contrast of that screen.
Yes Mike the screen is amazing, and I think it should be really good for ebooks. The zoom hardware buttons should be useful for that also.

I was thinking about how can we use the fingers more accurately for those kind of applications ( to scroll pages ) to zoom in and out, mail portions of a text, do small annotations and so on. Some nice gesture engine should be made for it =)

But again : if the device can run doom at this huge speed, using 60% of cpu, then it shouldn´t be a problem to run a ebook reader with some amazing touchscreen features!

Again, I'll still amazed with the screen, even after some month using it. Just to have an idea : using my 17" flat monitor from dell, with 1280x1024 res, I need to reduce the 800x480 image to 40% to see "the real size", and avoid small details on interfaces!

Best Regards from Brazil

Marcelo Oliveira
www.marceloeduardo.com